TTC - ectopic survivor - one tube!

Bronte-- I'm really sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers. I'll also be thinking of you as you go through your IVF. We are all rooting for you.

Mod-- A positive outlook makes a world of difference I've learned. I had so much spotting off and on past 10 weeks it was so hard not to worry every time I went to the bathroom. But all the while I kept a positive outlook as best I could and so far everything is going okay. I hope everything continues to go smoothly for you.

Spotting would freak me out too! But I have heard that it's really pretty common. Good to know bubs is ok through all of that. Have you guys started discussing names yet? That's got to be one of my favorite parts of pregnancy!

We have had name discussions. Not too serious until we get visual confirmation at the 20 week scan. Hehe. I don't think we will announce the name until it's given. In the past I've found people can be pretty nasty with their opinions on your baby names. :( So I don't want anyone making me feel bad and give me doubts!

Bronte how is everything going?
Breaking how are you?

Everyone else?

Well turns out my intuition was way off on this one. I woke up in so much pain yesterday. Went to the dr and while I was waiting for an ultrasound I passed out in the waiting room. I woke up with 4 nurses around me and puke all over myself. Turns out it was another ectopic (3rd one) on the side that I don't even have a tube on. It implanted on the outside of my right ovary. My Dr said she's never seen that before and didn't even know it was possible for it to implant there. Anyways, I was in surgery within 30 minutes of the ultrasound and needless to say, no more pain. What's weird is that I'm not even upset about it. I guess deep down I expected it. My Dr said my left tube still looked great, but I told her I'm not sure we were going to try again after this, to which she responded that she didn't know if she wanted to help me try anymore.

Am I misreading what the doctor said? That didn't seem very nice? Maybe I am reading it wrong. I'm really sorry to hear it was another ectopic. How far along were you? Week wise? Well I feel super bummed for you. I really hope you are doing okay. Maybe after some time you'll feel like trying again. It's really good you still have a good tube. I'll be thinking of you.

I'm doing okay. Nothing too exciting to report. Just counting down the days until the 20 week scan to make sure everything is still okay since I really feel no movements ever. Then to confirm gender if all is well.

Hope Bronte is doing well... and everyone else.

No my Dr is super sweet and nice, she's just scared for me. My baby needs me and I'm really not sure it would be wise to potentially put myself back in that position. This is the 3rd emergency surgery she has had to perform on me for this reason in the last 3 years. Truly makes me appreciate this little miracle sitting next to me

Hi ladies, glad i found this thread. I just found out about my ectopic last Friday and its Weds now. I got the methatrexate in the Emergency room on friday. It was in my right side and right now i am feeling some alight pain on the right side again. They told me to go back to emerergent room if i was doubled over with pain, which im not. Any advice? Think this is just it working itself out?

I get you now Mod. I can understand that. I'm so sorry you've had to go through this three times. :-( My thoughts are definitely with you.

Glov - welcome and I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I will say that methotrexate didn't work for me. I was in pain 2-3 days after and went back to emergency to find it did rupture. My doctor said if I had waited one more day I might not have survived. I would really trust your gut at this point and go in if you continue to have pain. I was not quite doubled over in pain yet but it was definitely uncomfortable. Please keep us posted.

Hope everything is going good for you Bronte.

Would also like to know how she's doing. How are your mod? I hope you are doing okay.

Had my 20 week scan last Friday. All was well. She's still a she. C section scheduled for June 19th, two days after my youngest bday.

Oh Mod - I'm so so sorry for what happened. Sending you so much love and hugs right now. I don't blame you at all for wanting to just put this chapter of your life away. I don't blame you at all. The surgery sounds horrible and I can't believe it attached in the ovary area either. I know it can happen but it's so rare. This sucks. I'm so glad you are alright and were near a hospital when it happened.

Breaking - glad things are progressing for you.

AFM - this IVF cycle has royally sucked. Amongst the death of my grandmother, dealing with an extremely sick dog and having the most incredibly painful shots (one last night my husband must of hit something like a nerve or something - I don't know what it was but it's still so bad today). I'm so glad the process is coming to an end, but it's definitely bitter sweet. We find out results later today, but I'd be so shocked if it's positive. We transferred a cavitating morula on Day 5, which is not ideal. There was a small sliver of hope it could implant but not likely given how our embryos had been processing over the last two rounds. I've tested negative the last two days. There's a small chance the HCG could only show up on a blood test at this point and not a urine test, but again super slim. We have pretty much accepted it's a negative. We are out of funds and pretty much mental ability to go through another attempt for likely the same results. We could probably attempt 10 more times and one might eventually take, but we are not in a position to do that. So pretty much my worst fear has happened that we wouldn't have anything to show for the process. I will be okay with that in time. But I just need some time. I don't regret doing this at all and I knew I would have always wondered "what if" if I didn't. I'm still always going to probably wonder that and wonder if we hadn't skipped time after our ectopic if we could have had a window of time for success. That will never go away. But at least I don't have even more regret to add on top of it.

Anyway, thanks again for the support and Mod I really and truly am sorry. I'm so glad at least one of us will get a baby with Breaking. And I'm so glad, Mod you have what is surely your little miracle girl. We might move onto adoption in the future so might be able to join you, but not for a little while.

Bronte.. I am really sorry and sad to read your update. Take the time you need for you... and I will surely be thinking of you, and Mod as well. I only ever check in now to see how everyone is doing with the occasional update for me, but I feel bad updating in times like these. I will be thinking of all of you....

Ladies, I am just popping in to say hello and I hope this finds everyone well. I am thinking of all of you.

Positive test this morning :0 Have been on the phone to the dr to get booked in for an early scan. I'll have to wait a week at least though as barely 4 weeks atm. I imagine I would be more anxious if I wasn't wiped out from a family attack of noro this week! :0

I doubt anyone follows this anymore but that is okay. :) Just thought I would update, I am 37 weeks pregnant and the furthest I have made it with either child. I am 2 weeks to the day away from c-section day, if she holds on that long. My bag is packed though and am prepared since I can go at any given moment from here on out. If anyone is reading this anymore, I hope it finds you well and happy. Thank you for all the support!

Our sweet baby is here... 6lbs and 13oz

Attachments

• IMG_7216.jpg
    IMG_7216.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members