ttc for a girl using answer opk

mommyttc43

Reaction score
hi im new to the form and had a few questions. i stopped the depo shot in may 2014 and i got my first period july 14th it lasted 8 days (ending yesterday). My fiancée and I are trying for a girl and i read about ttc for a girl using ovulation calenders and it says to stop 2-3 days before ovulation. i took a opk last night around 8pm and it was negative just one line. my fiancée and I tried anyways because on a few sites ive been looking at it says i should try from yesterday to the 24th.

my questions are:
when is the most accurate time to use an opk?
how often should i use an opk?
since we are trying for a girl i would want to have intercourse when the opk has two lines but the result line is lighter than the control right?

any other advice would greatly be appreciated thank you!

Best time to use an opk would be a day or two you'd typically ovulate (usually 14 days before your next period)
A pos OPK doesn't mean you're ovulating, it means the surge detected is indicating ovulation in the next 24 hours.
So start now until you get a pos OPK.
Typically, depending on what brand and how many you have, you test twice a day, at the same time each day (like afternoon & evening, same time next day) don't use your first urine.
Essentially, you won't be able to control it, at the end of the day it's all in whatever sperm fertilizes the egg.

I have accidentally fufilled the 'trying for a girl' criteria as DH is away today so we only had last night. I had 1 line since CD11 but yesterday it was 2 with the second almost as dark as the control.
Then today I tested and the test line is darker than the control meaning ovulation should be within the next 24 hours.

I do one test everyday between 3pm-5pm.

The theory being the male sperm are quicker but don't live as long, so they'll maybe be 10 sperm in my Fallopian tube right now and perhaps they are 50/50, but since they have to sit there 2 days the male sperm are more like to perish.
I'd love a girl but you fall in love with your baby regardless.

ok so I took the test yesterday and it had two pink lines and the result line was a little lighter than the control line. I tested 6 hours later and there was still a line but it was much lighter and then I tested this afternoon same time as the very first test and the pink result line was even lighter. and the last test I did was at 5pm today and still two lines but the result line is very very faint.

does that mean ive already ovulated and my surge is going down now?

What CD are you and how long is your period? Some people literally always get two lines so it can be hard to read, just make sure you test approx the same time each day for comparison.

I tested 3 times a day last time I was ttc and seriously it was all over the bloody place. I ended up buying the clearblue smiley tests just so I knew what was happening, they are working fine now though.

I am on cd 12 and I started them on cd10 because my periods are irregular it lasted for 5 days then stopped for 1 1/2 -2 days and then spotted lightly and then stopped. I took a test just now and no surge was detected

I would keep testing, the true surge will be one or two days of a super dark test line. I will upload mine at some stage

https://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy80/emydragon/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps3c70fba7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->