Ttc healthy eating

oneday123

Reaction score
I recently found out that I was pregnant. I was so excited but unfortunately it ended up being a chemical pregnancy. So I'm now here back ttc. When I found out I was pregnant I weighed myself. Inputting the numbers into a bmi calculator I found that I was borderline obese. I decided at that point that I was going to have a healthy pregnancy for the sake of my baby.

As I am now ttc once again, I figured I have a couple of weeks to lose a few pounds and be a little healthier by the next time I O. With my last 2 pregnancies (ds and chemical) I fell pregnant straight away so fx it happens again quickly.

My plan is to make sure I'm eating 'healthily'. It's snacking I have the biggest problem with, especially once my son has gone to bed. I'm not going to be super strict or restrictive, but aim to choose good foods that will benefit me and baby most.

I'm going to update how I'm getting on here. If anyone would like to join me, you're more than welcome x

Good luck oneday! I just worked out my bmi, it's just about a healthy weight, at 24.7, but I think it's creeping up so I need to be careful! I lost 3 stone doing slimming world after I had Poppy (gained a lot while pregnant) but stopped going once I got to the 3 stone mark, and gained about half a stone since then.

I think it's bad to restrict yourself completely so a little bit of this and that in moderation. My downfall is chocolate!

My bmi was around half a stone over 'healthy' when I fell pregnant with ds, and then I gained a lot when I was pregnant with him. I lost almost 3 stone with slimming world after having him as well, but have gained a lot during the last 9 months or so because I've basically been a pig.

I just want to have a healthy pregnancy and figured the best time to start is now. I love chocolate too, but also love savoury. Basically, I just like food. A balanced diet with plenty of goodness. I had a small glass of wine last night for the first time in a few weeks, and won't be drinking more once the bottle is empty in readiness for ttc.

Ahh good old slimming world! I keep thinking I'll try and do it without going to classes, but it's getting motivated. I don't want to pay out every week for going to the group.

I need to cut down the :wine:

Never heard of slimming world. I did bmi and I have 24.2... I want to eat more healthier too.

I'm afraid to do my bmi I gained so much weight after my last surgery. Then I was on anti anxiety meds for over a year and my weight sky rocketed. Most of it went to places my husband loves so I really can't complain...though buying new bras when they keep growing is expensive! Lol.

I try to eat healthy but not always easy...and I have a sweet tooth.

I would definitely like to eat healthier as well. I've never been much of a breakfast/lunch eater but since TTC I've been forcing myself to at the very least eat 1 of the 2!
I've been doing good having breakfast..sometimes lunch but normally I skip lunch and by the afternoon I find myself binge eating.

I could never skip a meal. I just do the binge eating as well. Starting tomorrow I'm going to be keeping track of my food. I'm back in work in a couple of days so it will be easier to eat better because I always take food in so plan instead of just eating the first thing I get my hands on.

I'm very keen to do this! I'm in the middle of Joe Wicks (The Body Coach) 90day plan but have fallen off the wagon the past few days. Put on nearly 4 stone with both boys and would like to try and be more disciplined....she says...

I haven't heard of Joe Wicks Banana10. Is it a food or an exercise plan?

I really need to increase my exercise as well (by increase I mean do some exercise!). I might try and find my ear phones so I can go for a walk in the evening with some music playing. I used to run quite a bit, but haven't since before ds was born.

My meal plan for today:

B: poached eggs on wholemeal toast with seeds sprinkled over the top. Orange juice.
L: stuffed jackets (thinking peppers, cheese and bacon) with salad
D: pie (OK, not so healthy but it has been in the cupboard for ages and dh really wants it!!) potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, peas and carrots.

Snacks (my big downfall): I've got tons of fruit in the house, sugar free jelly pot.

Yes it's all about nutrition and a hell of a lot of exercise. 90 days split into three cycles. Have never eaten so much food (and healthy fats) on a plan before but it seems to be working! Have a look www.thebodycoach.co.uk I do the workouts four times a week in the comfort of my own living room and have just introduced weights :thumbup: It's all about eating lean and clean and having your carbs on training days - seriously the portion sizes are insane!!

Your menu sounds lush! Today as its work out day is:
Breakfast: porridge, greek yoghurt, protein powder and blueberries
Snack: 4 x large salt n' vinegar rice cakes
Lunch: tortilla wrap filled with chicken, spinach, tomatoes, soured cream and sweet chilli
Snack: apple
Dinner: sweet potato cottage pie with shed loads of green veg

Yes it's all about nutrition and a hell of a lot of exercise. 90 days split into three cycles. Have never eaten so much food (and healthy fats) on a plan before but it seems to be working! Have a look www.thebodycoach.co.uk I do the workouts four times a week in the comfort of my own living room and have just introduced weights :thumbup: It's all about eating lean and clean and having your carbs on training days - seriously the portion sizes are insane!!

Your menu sounds lush! Today as its work out day is:
Breakfast: porridge, greek yoghurt, protein powder and blueberries
Snack: 4 x large salt n' vinegar rice cakes
Lunch: tortilla wrap filled with chicken, spinach, tomatoes, soured cream and sweet chilli
Snack: apple
Dinner: sweet potato cottage pie with shed loads of green veg

Exercise, I don't do any! Well my job is physical but that's only 12 hours a week. I have to drive dd to school so don't really do much.

Today I have had bran flakes for breakfast, a ham and salad wrap, a muller light and blueberries and an apple. For dinner I'm doing a pasta bake with leftover roast beef and whatever veg i grab out the fridge. I rarely snack in between, but downfall might be some chocolate later in the evening.

Pasta bake sounds deeeeelicious!

Just had a decaf mocha with a chocolate biscuit (or two....or three...) :dohh:

I don't exercise but yesterday I did take my pit for a walk...or well she walked me lol!

Breakfast I just had a mandarin orange so that's not bad. BLT on pita bread for lunch...downfall was chips...and then broiled pork tenderloin, spinach, bok choy with onions and peppers and some mashed potatos. Only a tbsp of butter in the mashed so not bad....and yes I made two separate veg. My husband won't eat spinach. Lol. Today probably won't be as good though

I've already had my 6 oz of coffee and a poptart...lol...not gonna be a healthy day

I wish I liked porridge. It's so healthy and filling, but I can stand the stuff!

So far so good today. I haven't snacked at all because my meals have been filling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->