ttc, iud out, spotting but no period?!

babyhdez

Reaction score
TTC iud out spotting on and off?
We are ttc and i got my iud out 7/23/14 , about 3 days later i started spotting, and have been on and off since then, i spot in the morning, go all day and nothing, then sometimes at night, my period should come on 8/4 but is it normal to spot that
much before? Also all of a sudden i had horrible stomach burning and what feels like a fever but inside because my body is not hot, also i woke up with a sore throat this am like im getting sick! I really dk what is going on, is it too soon to be prego? Am i sick? When can i take a preg. Test? ( this will be baby #4 but the other 3 we just let them come along, so it was the norm. No period for a month take the test kinda thing, now that im ttc its a bit more stressful because i want to know exactly what is going on !:wacko:

Once iud is out your fertile straight away so yes it is possible but i also noticed period was a little weird first cycle test closer to when af is due & good luck

Thank you! Af is due on the 4th spotting has stopped as of now, will test around 10th if still feeling the same!

When I had my IUD out last year I didn't even get a period as I fell pregnant within days of it being removed, it shouldn't affect fertility.

Some iud's or ius secrete a small amount of progesterone to prevent the lining building up enough to support a pregnancy. Removing the iud causes the progesterone to fall, which may cause a little withdrawal bleeding.This is probably why uv started to spot. Depends if it's the type that contains the progestins

If it's a copper IUD like I have it will not have progesterone, I thought it was an IUS that had hormones (Mirena the trademark name used in the UK).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->