TTC Maca Root Warning......

Suggerhoney

♡Praying for a miracle rainbow baby at 43♡
Reaction score
Hello lovelies.

I just feel the need to write this post to warn other ladies so they don't go through what I just went through.

I used maca when we was ttc last time as I was recommended it after suffering 4 chemical pregnancies in the space of 7 months. I was also recommended folait and told to take baby aspirin from BFP

Anyway I did fall with my youngest about 3 months later so have been raving about maca since.

We are now ttc again and last cycle I ovulated at my normol time cd12. I can ovulate as early as day 10 and once I Ovulated as late as day 15.

Anyway last Sunday I started taking maca again in the hope it wud help with ttc.
But I did not ovulate. I also noticed a lack of fertile" TMI cm.
By the time I got to cd16 and still no peak I was getting worried. I'm 42 so was thinking the worst.

I did a bunch of research and some other forums where alot of womon were saying they haven't Ovulated. Or there ovulation was supper late. One lady said she eventually ovulated 2 whole weeks later than normol.
They had all been taking Maca.

I also read if u use it and u have normol cycles it can really really mess you up (cycle wise).
So on cd16 I stopped taking it.
Low and behold I finally got my peak opk on the evening of cd18 and now getting some aches in lower back and lett Overy which I can have for hours when ovulating. I am cd19 so this is the latest I have ever Ovulated.

So it turns out it was the maca all along.
I've decided I will not be taking it now unless I start having chemicals again.

I just wanted to wright this incase anyone else out there is taking maca and finding they are not ovulating or ovulating way later than normol.

Maca is great if ure having irregular cycles or luteal phase is short as it can lengthen it. And it's great for other health benefits too.
But just wanted to help any of you that are having normol regular cycles.
I really wouldn't recommend taking maca.

I do recommend it tho for anyone having recurrent pregnancy loss.
I'm not sure if it was definitely the maca or folait or' the baby Asprin that made my son stick' or it could of been the combination of all 3.

I think if I do have one chemical I will just start the aspirin again. But if I have recurrent losses like last time then I will definitely go back on it.

I really hope this helps somebody.

I just had to share.

Good luck to all of you TTC.
Please come and join the April testing group.
You will find us in the 2ww section.
Blessings to you all
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Last edited:
Interesting! I'm having regular cycles but I just started tracking ov etc and noticed I only have a 9 day luteal phase so was thinking about what supplements I could use

Interesting! I'm having regular cycles but I just started tracking ov etc and noticed I only have a 9 day luteal phase so was thinking about what supplements I could use

Hi hon, so I think there’s a few things u can try. B vitamins supplements can help and I think vitamin C and maca. When we was trying last time my luteal phase was about 14 days but the b vitamins and maca made it longer and I wouldn’t start my period until 16 sometimes even 17 dpo.
I started AF last cycle at just 10dpo but I’m hoping it’s just down to stopping the pill as it did that last time. But I’m 9dpo today and I’ve had cramps all night and lower backache so now getting worried I’m going to start bleeding early again. I really don’t want to go back on the maca yet because it delayed my ovulation so much. I’m hoping with the next cycle I will ovulate at my normol time.

I wonder if you could just take the Maca from the day of ovulation on? Maybe that would help without hindering ovulation.

I wonder if you could just take the Maca from the day of ovulation on? Maybe that would help without hindering ovulation.

Hi again hehe. I think with maca u have to take it for at least 3 months for it to do it’s thing.
I’ve decided if we catch again I’m gonna start baby Aspirin from first BFP even if faint,

it that don’t work and I have another chemical then will get folate abs try that as well as baby aspirin.
But it that don’t work and I have a 3rd chemical then will start maca again.

when I had the 4 chemicals in 2020 I started taking maca , folate and baby aspirin and within just under 3 months I was pregnant with our youngest. It took us 11 cycles all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->