TTC mid/late 2010 - pill question

Patience

Reaction score
Hi all :)

Am currently on cerazette, wanting to TTC mid to late next year possibly, would it be a good idea to get my body back to 'normal' for a year beforehand and use other contraception? :happydance: Anyone else had experience with this pill? :)

I would. I was on the pill for years and came off in January. Altough I got my periods back quite quickly they are not yet totally regular - I'm anticipating this cycle - my fifth to be around 50 days. I'm learning how to chart and temp so that when it comes to ttc in April next year, my cycle will have returned to normal and I'll be more aware of when I'm ovulating etc.

:D definitely a good idea to try and get your body to settle down if you can. I was on cerazette and it took a little while to settle back. My cycles are really irratic now too, not sure if that was the pill or just my body mind!!! xx

I went off of the pill 2 months ago. I had been on it for around 10 years. My first cycle off of the pill lasted 50 days. I was then expecting a heavy and painful period, but it was only 2 days. I am now on day 13 and not sure how long it will be. We are going to be off of the pill around 8 months before we ttc. I most definitely think it is a good idea to give your body time to adjust to itself and how it should be naturally. Personally I find it amazing how much the artificial hormones can affect your body.

I was on cerazette for some time, and also came back in January - after reading things on the internet about cycle not returning for ages etc.... but luckily it came back after about 40 days and has now become quite regular at 27-29 days which I'm pleased about! I've also been charting in prep for the future...................

I'm was not on that, I was on meliane but came off the 1st of June. We aren't TTC until 2010 - the earlier the better but more likely mid-year like you. My body has reacted to coming of the pill and just seeing this has convinced me I did the right thing, I mean, if it had such a reaction, what has the pill been doing to my body while taking it! I don't think I'll ever take it again now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->