TTC n00b!!!

SassafrassCMT

Reaction score
Hello everyone!:hi: I am brand new to the world of TTC, and I am so very grateful that I stumbled my way to this site. After over 7 years together, DH and I finally tied the knot in what was one of the greatest days of our lives. :wedding: We have been married for 3 weeks as of today, and as of this week, we will be making our first attempt at TTC, or as my DH so affectionately termed it, “Bean Sprouting”. Lol, I have been off of BC, on pre-natal vitamins, and tracking my cycles for the last 9 months in preparation of starting TTC! Last week I even got some of the super sensitive HPT just on the off chance it does happen for us on this first go around, so that I can (hopefully) detect it early enough to tell DH on Father’s Day that he is a new Daddy to be :happydance:

So needless to say, DH and I are very excited to be taking this next big step in our lives together, but there is also a great deal of concern. Pregnancy is very hard for the women in my family. In fact, the best birth control I ever had was hearing about and seeing the progression of pregnancies in my family. I’ll spare everyone the painful details, but suffice it to say that this painful family history has been the elephant in the room for every discussion that DH and I have had about planning for a family. We have discussed in detail the different possible complications so as to be aware of them and have some general idea of how we would like to proceed “just in case”, but we are trying very hard not to borrow trouble as it were. We have decided it best to keep our plans of TTC to ourselves for the time being, so as to avoid for as long as possible being under the microscope of family “doom sayers”. :shhh: That is one of the reasons that I am so happy that I have found this forum. It is such a relief to know that there is a place where I can feel free to speak about what is going on during such a momentous time in my life with others who, if they aren’t going through the same thing themselves, are at least sympathetic to the situation. I am very much looking forward to making new friends on Baby and Bump! :hugs:

Welcome, and congrats on your wedding, and TTC.

This place and the women here are amazing, helpful, knowledgeable, and so sweet. I hope you'll stick around, because you're right. It will be a great place for you to talk about whatever step in the journey you might be on at any given time.

:dust: to you!

Welcome!!!
Good luck to you!! and congrats on your wedding!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->