TTC - naive & confused

TiaG

Reaction score
My Husband and I are TTC. For the last 3 months, we do the BD on 2 days preceding my ovulation (according to the OPK) and a day after the LH surge. We haven't successfully conceived yet. I know it's too soon to be disheartened, but I am starting to wonder if there might be something wrong with me or him as some of our friends conceived the first time they tried. I am 28 & he is 30.

Thoughts anyone?

First off, just breathe :hugs: An average healthy couple under the age of 35, the average time is 12 months TTC and that's if everything is done perfectly every single cycle. There is only a 20-25% chance of conception each cycle if everything is down perfectly. I know it's disheartening but it's completely normal sweetie xx Are you temping as well? OPKS are great at predicting O but after your + there's no way of knowing when you actually did O. That's where temping comes in because it confirms it <3
Wishing you the best of luck on your journey and I hope you get a sticky BFP soon xx

Dont be disheartened. Doctors wont see you for fertility reasons until at least 6 months trying - some even 12 months.
We conceived after 2 years on the first cycle of NOT trying, because we were calm and relaxed. Stress is the worst thing.

Hello! Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It gives you a ton of useful information and will help you with making sure you are timing sex appropriately.

Awe! I know TTC is hard when you first start. I've been TTC'ing for 3 years. IT can take a healthy young couple 12 months to get pregnant. We all hope we will be those people who conceive the first month. =) Good luck to you on your next cycle!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->