TTC no 3.....come off implant...confused!

lilyrosey

Reaction score
Hello
I need help pretty please, I feel like I'm going mad!

Had implant removed a month ago ready to try to conceive baby number 3. I never bled on implant and have not had a period since having it out. So although not currently trying as have no idea what my cycle is doing we have dtd, the last time was we did was 2 weeks ago as hubby has been away since.

Well my boobs have been sore and I have been having cramping which I guess is probably AF coming but because I just had a niggling feeling something is different I took a One Step test strip (bought a pack of 15 on Amazon just in case) looked thought it was negative, then when held it to light saw a barely there kind of very faint pink line, took 3 more the same thing. Then read online that this happens a lot with One Step tests lines appear even if youre not pregnant, so bought a Sainsburys one because I am paranoid and a very faint blue line appeared to make the plus but at about 8 minutes and can only see if held in light, I feel like I'm going crazy! Then I read online those too give false positives. When I had my first two babies I took one test it was definitely positive that was it. Now i feel like I'm going mad. In my heart of hearts I think not pregnant, they are just dodgy tests.

My question is if I had sex 14 days ago, it would show up a clear positive now surely? And has anyone come off implant and had a normal period straight away?
Thank you for any help
xxx

Maybe wait a day more and retest to see if it will get darker

Hi!
I came off the implant 2 years ago after having it in for 13 months. Like you I had no AF whilst on it. About a month after I had it removed I had serious pregnancy symptoms and took a sainsburys test too, and got a positive. Turns out it was a false positive :( and apparently the pregnancy symptoms are a common side effect of coming off birth control.

I took a combination of dong quai and vitex after getting sick of waiting for AF to return and 3 days later, AF arrived - 6 months after I had implanon removed. It's now going on 25 months. Still not pregnant, no sign of a pregnancy and my cycles are all over the place!

However! I had an ultrasound today and was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries.

So! To answer your questions, a lot of women do come off the implant and have a regular period straight away, then there are a few like me who dont. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's unfortunately every chance what you are going through now is simply withdrawal from the implant. However as PP said, i would try taking another test in about a week if AF hasn't shown up.

Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->