TTC Number 2 - getting in the mood to DTD?

MrsHedgehog

Reaction score
We're finally ready to start trying for our second child now that our daughter is 2. I thought I'd be ready way before now but I've been quite happy with just the one so far. Now I'm really desperate to add to our family though but it's just not happening. I'm rarely in the mood to DTD with a toddler who still doesn't sleep through the night and spends most of the night in our bed. I'm tired and grumpy a lot of the time and after getting LO down for the night all I want to do is curl up in my PJs with a cup of tea and read a book or watch TV. Has anyone get any ideas to get me in the mood? At the moment we're DTD only 3 or 4 times a month which is unlikely to get us a baby and is driving DH mad! The last time it took us around 5 months to get pregnant and that was DTD regularly. At this rate DD1 will be a teenager before she gets her little brother or sister! We need help!

Tough one, since all women are different. It's hard but honestly try to forget that your dtd for conceiving purposes and just enjoy your husband.

I could have written this post lol. I have a DD who turned 2 in august and still wont sleep through the night. All ive managed to figure out is that the more I make myself do it, the more I want to lol. So I conciously make myself do it once and conciously make myself do itagain and then by the 3rd time thats it lol im hooked. Its not that I dont want to dtd, or that I dont find dh attractive (as he seems to think lol) its that I just wanna sit and do nothing!

Ofc we've been trying 7 months and I still dont have my af back after the implant, so that demoralizes me more..but hey! Good luck lol :)

I know how u feel been ttc for 10 cycle ds is almost 9 so I don't have the toddler problem per say but we been together a while and we havesex once ssometimes twice a week. But since ttc we usually start around CD12 every other day till CD16 and then everyday till CD 21. Then after that we are usually too tired to have sex again till bd is needed. Which puts a huge damper on romance, spontaneity, and libido. I hate telling him we need to have sex its not all that fun. But NTNP didn't work for us. I just pray for the days when we first got together. 5-6*times a week sometimes multiple times in a day .....I would definitely be knocked up by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->