TTC-Over 40-Signs of Prego lost.

Nina12

Reaction score
Hi,

I just joined this website today,hoping to find hope:) and Hope is abundant.

I am 41Years old TTC, tried it twice so far and confusing signs soon after.
TTC in Aug-11 for the first time during my ovulation. A week later, I felt so prego,dizzy,tender breasts,headache,insomnia,I missed my period. but I lost the symptom,took a home test as well as blood test BFN. AF arrived 15 days later. I stopped trying for 3 months,Excercised, lost 9lbs but missed AF 2 months in a row. I was apprehensive with the thought of menopouse. I TTC again 2 weeks ago after my visit to OBGYN. Doc did not check for hormones but did ultrasound. He said I was ovulating that day and to go try. We were trying everyother day anyway so the same symptom and result above was repeated all over again. Prego feeling gone. I was going crazy but now I am being optimistic and I know it will happen by the grace of God.

On a seperate note, I was convieniently dreading the few signs of preMenpse last year, AF was Very light,fever etc.

Hi Nina, welcome to BandB!!!!!!
Its crazy the symptoms we get and the disappointment when they don't turn out to be positive.....
I have found every cycle I have had is different..... some with stong pregnancy symptoms, some without......
I think our age has somethig to do with hormone surges..( i am 40 and have been trying since age 36) I am sooo scared of perimenopouse ( i can't spell it...haha) and hope i have few good eggs left.. Both my grandmothers had babes in their 40's so......

So as a new member there are sooo many good threads with really good info.....
I hope you get you're :bfp: soon!!!

Thank you CHILLbilly for your good wish.
I don't want to know how to spell it either ;-) not until I get my sticky beans.

Wishing you the best of luck as well.

I am 44 (43 when I conceived) and am on the count-down (6 wks!) to my first baby (a little boy). My advice is to be as healthy as possible (and ask GP for regular blood work, e.g. iron, thyroid, etc.), and after ttc for two years after a mc in August 2009, we think it was underactive thyroid that may have delayed pregnancy?

don't give up hope! Age is a state of mind! (and only medication was metformin for pCOS, thyroid medication and regular multi-vitamins; also did acpuncture in pre-IVF, but got pregnant naturally!)

good luck and best wishes

Wow, what an awesome story, Thanks Sabrina.

I was so confused few days ago, resenting my decsions and delays blaming myself for causing this.(even though I only tried twice, but sensing the Menopause symtoms scared me to death)

I however feel differently now,especially after reading sucessful stories and positive hopes.

This is an uplifter and I have decided to get a new attitude.
I changed my diet today to almost hormone free (mostly organic) and cut back on soy and hopefully will get to get my thyroid tested next week.

Good luck with your little one,

if it gives u any comfort my friend had her first at 43! i'm 39 this yr so there are lots of ladies to speak to and gain support. welcome to b & b xx

tiger,

Thanks, My sister also had her 2nd baby after waiting 11 years when she turned 43. My mother had me when she was 42 also:p, but I was baby #11.
However, I feel too old:) and getting stressed. I did not know the cycles were this far apart, lol.

Good luck to us.

Sabrina,

On a seperate note, I am so Amazed by your awesome journey. I read your threads and you actually concived on your last shot before your decsion to IVF!! This is astounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->