ttc over 45, am I nuts?

Angelicdragon

Reaction score
Well I am actually 48, 49 in February which is getting closer and closer.
I have been using opks to track for o and thought it was positive last Thursday as Friday was a lot lighter. Just for the heck of it I did one yesterday and today( Monday) and they are back to positive. I am somewhere around cd22 by now. My last bfp was this time last year and m/c at 8 wks. I have had spinal surgery following a car accident a year ago and had fragments from a ruptured disc removed that were compressing my S1 nerve and cerebral spinal fluid which I guess is the reason I now have 2 tarlov cysts on S2. I can't win.
I am charting more or less to see what is happening but a surprise bfp would be wonderful. Not getting any hopes up though.
So.. I am taking vitex, epo, dhea and coq10. As well as the meds to reduce the pain from the nerves in my back and a ttc/pig safe anti-depressant.
A tone else over 45 wanting to join me on the excursion to menopause but secretly hoping for a bfp?
Judy

Hi there. Sorry you've been through so much but it's good that you are hopeful. I'm not far behind you in age and I pray that it happens for all of us!

NOT NUTS! We want lil peanuts!!!! Im 46 I think!!!! My new love has two kids and I have two, but we want one or two from us two. LOL!!! I have been on vitex,maca,prenatals red raspberry pills, and red clover tea and asprin. I break it in thirds. Just started this cycle OOOHHH and bought some pre seed. So Im at the starting line cant wait to get to the finish. Let's run together!!!!!! Annnnd there OFFFFFFFFF!!!!

I'm new but been trying to get through whole pregnancy for 7 years, too many MC and buried my half way baby boy 2009. Then I had tests, thyroid issues, weightnsorted, retired from working in office, polyps sorted, anaemia sorted and now have adopted two Spanish embryos and have a week until test. They carry this out at clinics all over world, we used Institute Marques in Barcelloa and had fresh embies donated to us because they were surplus. There is no waiting time and it costs around 4k but if you use their refunding program of 11k you get 70% back if no viable pregnancy in 3 attempts. Viable I think is 3 months. It's a long shot but my egg donor was a proven sound egg producer and the sperm donor was very young too. It's not the same as IVF with your own eggs that's 4 to 5 times more, we had done an adoption course and over the years we thought this was the best path for us. I have added this as not many people are aware of it. I have had an early bleed so on bed rest hoping that my luck might change, Dr thinks cervix irritated by progesterone pessary so I'm having to swallow them for a few days ! Roll on the test so I know where I am! I find hope in these forums and this is my first post x

Well if your nuts then so am i ! Tee hee i am 46 in december and so hoping for a bfp ! I have 3 teenagers but am longing for a babe with my boyfriend . I try not to get to intimidTed by the statistics and feel that believing in your amazing body is a powerful tool in the box when it comes to conception. Lets look forwRd to our bfps !!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->