TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Just wanted to wish you Congratulations Rhapsodi!! It's nice to see a past Sparkler in here. ;)

I have a 7mo and just found out I'm pregnant. So far my milk seems to be ok but yesterday I started 600mg progesterone nightly. I'm praying I can stil get my baby boy to the year mark. Any advice and tips welcome. I rarely felt full before. And now it seems even less (granted I just found out yesterday). I'll be checking out the resources k. The first page too! Thanks!!

Congrats Rhapsodi! I think I "met" you in one of the March boards. I'm still bfing my toddler. I unfortunately do not have any advice for you, as I am going through the same at the same time (with a much older baby). Hopefully someone else can give you the advice you need about maintaining your supply. But if you want to chat about continuing to breastfeed into pregnancy, I'm here :flower:

My LO is biting more while nursing. I'm trying to just push through. My breasts are larger maybe swollen? I usually can guage how much milk due to how he nurses. But not sure the difference between no enough and not liking the taste.

Can I just watch diapers? For quantity or would that be too late? I also give him little bits of water (less than 2oz a day) does that impact things?

Rhapsodi, is think watching diapers & monitoring weight gain would be good. GL Hun!

AFM, in so much pain each time I latch DD. after about 10 seconds I'm ok. I feel like that initial latch is ridiculously painful though! Will it get better or worse?? Also, not sure if this is related, but DD now has taken up squirming & gymnyrstics while nursing now (since I got pregnant). Coincidence?? Any advice is rely appreciated!!! :flower:

He could be squirming to encourage more milk if your supply has dropped a little.

Thanks for responding, bunny!

I can deal with the squirming.... The pain is getting worse unfortunately :dohh: I find myself trying to distract her/offering her other things if she asks to nurse at times other than our "normal" 3x daily (morning, after nap, night). I feel SO bad not letting her nurse on demand but that initial latch feels like she's biting my nipples clean off (of course she's not really!) does it just keep getting worse? Will it ever get better?

It seems to vary a lot. In general a lot of women seem to get a brief period of pain/sensitivity early about weeks 4-6 which can go away again but pain often comes back in tri 2 and is at its worst at about 16 weeks and then eases again in tri 3. It varies loads though. Some women have pain all the way through and some have none. You just need to see what is best for you. I was really pleased I nursed in pregnancy but I won't lie, I found it very hard. I never got a lot of pain, just a very stong feeling of aversion, to the point it made me want to scream! Eventually I had to cut back on feeds and cut out night feeds because I just couldn't handle it. LO adapted well quite quickly though and after we cut back it actually worked better.

I agree with bunny completely. For me it was a bit painful for the first few weeks then ok til my milk dried up at 16weeks. We then dry nursed till baby was here. It was painful again but I think the aversion I felt towards it was worse. We went down to just nursing in the morning and at bedtime for comfort. It was hard though, but my lo is not quite as young. I made sure she has extra dairy in yoghurt and cheese as she won't take cow's milk.

Thanks mum! FX the pain gets better & I don't get aversions to it.... But it sounds like I'm in for it!!! Ugh.

I hope that the pain eases up for you. I did find that distracting myself while nursing with a book or planning things in my head helped with the aversion a bit

Thank you! Thankfully it's only the first 10-30 seconds of latch on that it hurts (usually 10, but this morning counted to 30 before I felt better!) thanks for the suggestions!

I had really bad initial latch pain from the moment I was pregnant until about 9 weeks. I am 16 weeks and the pain is starting to come back, ugh! So ouch. Doesn't help that my DS is a wiggly worm too. Hoping the latch pain goes away like it did in the first tri!

I had really bad initial latch pain from the moment I was pregnant until about 9 weeks. I am 16 weeks and the pain is starting to come back, ugh! So ouch. Doesn't help that my DS is a wiggly worm too. Hoping the latch pain goes away like it did in the first tri!

:wave: hi TTCBean! Was wondering if I'd bump into you again on here!!!

Hope the pain eases up for you again. My DD is SO wiggly lately too! Def doesn't help!

Hope the pain eases up for you again. My DD is SO wiggly lately too! Def doesn't help!

YAY how excited to see you here!!! :happydance: When are you due?

It still hurts a bunch lately that I've had to unlatch him when he wiggles too much. Trying to teach him that if he's calm he gets more boob time!

YAY how excited to see you here!!! :happydance: When are you due?

It still hurts a bunch lately that I've had to unlatch him when he wiggles too much. Trying to teach him that if he's calm he gets more boob time!

I'm due March 19th... (According to O date). Haven't seen the doctor yet, so I expect it to change - it did with DD.

I know!!! The wiggling is getting worse & worse. Maybe I'll try teaching that too! :haha:

Any mommies have any experience with trying to conceive with a FET while still currently breastfeeding? My boy is 13 months and shows no signs of stopping nursing and I do not wish to wean him until he is ready, but we are talking about trying for baby number two as time is an issue. I'm 37 and hubby is 40. We have frozen embryos and it took us three IVF cycles to get our miracle baby boy.
My period has not returned yet so I'm not sure how successful we will be with a FET but we want to try...

Any input and experience is much appreciated! :flower:
Thank you!

Is there anyone ttc and breastfeeding with a short lp? I'm 38 years old, and our daughter turned 2 in april. In januari I had a miscarriage and since then my lp is short. I ovulate late (ave. 21) and my lp is 8 days. This is my second month with vit B complex 100 mg and my first with vitex.
More ttc and breastfeeding moms here?

Is there anyone ttc and breastfeeding with a short lp? I'm 38 years old, and our daughter turned 2 in april. In januari I had a miscarriage and since then my lp is short. I ovulate late (ave. 21) and my lp is 8 days. This is my second month with vit B complex 100 mg and my first with vitex.
More ttc and breastfeeding moms here?

I got my period back 8.5 months pp with our first. My cycle was still a bit irregular and my LP was only 6 days which I assume was caused by BFing. I got pregnant on my 3rd cycle. Hard to say if my LP would have been longer that cycle if I hadn't gotten pregnant but it showed no sign of getting longer before that. I got a nice line 9dpo so must have implanted fairly early.

Any mommies have any experience with trying to conceive with a FET while still currently breastfeeding? My boy is 13 months and shows no signs of stopping nursing and I do not wish to wean him until he is ready, but we are talking about trying for baby number two as time is an issue. I'm 37 and hubby is 40. We have frozen embryos and it took us three IVF cycles to get our miracle baby boy.
My period has not returned yet so I'm not sure how successful we will be with a FET but we want to try...

Any input and experience is much appreciated! :flower:
Thank you!

Sorry, I know this was from a while ago but no one else answered so just wanted to welcome you!

I don't have any experience to help you. I have a feeling that it might be problematic trying to get pregnant before your period returns because it is a sign that your body doesn't think it is ready to be pregnant. Maybe try some ways to jump start your cycles. Cutting back on night feeds, taking a 24hr break from BFing or increasing calories work for some. Milk suply usually dries up at some point in pregnancy and some babies self wean before that because it changes the taste of the milk. I'm wondering if the hormones you would need to take for treatment would have effects also?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->