TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

I'm getting super nervous now. I see lots of days like yours in my future. I'm so glad things seem to be settling for you. :hugs:

I'm getting super nervous now. I see lots of days like yours in my future. I'm so glad things seem to be settling for you. :hugs:

Didn't last too long, 2 weeks in it is easier than it was the past 2 weeks.

Well, DH just came down with a weird cold, he has had a sore throat for days and just now got a cough. DS has been coughing for a few days, and was a bit stuffy before that. My money is on DS having a pretty bad sore throat on the worst, most whiney days, no wonder he was whining for milk all the time! Poor guy. He has whined a lot less for it recently, although he still asks frequently it's not so pouty. I think he had a sore throat and that contributed to the whine and also the poor naps, as he is napping much more regularly now.

Poor little guy :( What a time for him to get sick. Such a change for everyone, it's really no wonder your dh and ds got sick. I hope everyone feels better soon.

Well I thought my milk supply was regulating because I wasn't getting really full or engorged feeling again, but I just discovered I'm probably just leaking it all out...

I've been getting random (I mean random) let downs during the day, I'll just be paying somewhere or helping DH cook and I feel let down. Then I was feeding DD to her satisfaction and then rocking her to sleep. When I got up, my breasts were leaking really bad, like a really drippy faucet. I had to go get a bra and overnight breast pads, as I had literally soaked my daytime pads (I'm using bamboobies reusable pads, thanks MIL! I love them!). Previously I'd hardly been leaking, I was wondering if MIL had wasted money on the nice reusable pads...come to think of it I leaked a lot with DS, but not in the first week or two it started later. I think that is the fazes I go through...

Oh so MIL has DS for the day, so he hasn't nursed since he got up this morning, which is probably the cause of the extra milk as I usually nurse him down to nap around 11:30-12, and he usually drinks a good quantity of milk.

So I pumped, ~5 oz. I never pump until the milk quits flowing like I did when I worked, in case she wakes up and needs to nurse right after. I just wait until it's not so gushing and I don't feel any hard lumps in my boobs anymore.

I think I'm going to have to forgo nursing DS to sleep for naps. The past two days, he stays awake nursing and goofs off, but as soon as I give up nursing him to sleep and rock him he falls right asleep. Also every time I lie down to nurse him to sleep, DD wakes up and sets his nap back an hour or so. Just rocking him will hopefully go better. He also sleeps longer if I don't nurse him to sleep, when I nurse him to sleep he wakes up after 1 sleep cycle looking for more milk.

I stopped nursing DD back to sleep in the night when I was pregnant because it was just too much for me. OH started getting up with her and offering water to her when she was thirsty. Once we decided she adapted very quickly. It was harder on us all when it wasnt clear what the 'rules' were. We carried on feeding during the day all through pregnancy and a little bit after, until she stopped by herself. There are no rights and wrongs with these things, you just have to work out what works for you. You are doing amazingly!

Misspriss , bless him. No wonder he was grumpy. You are doing fab! I think it's really just about tweaking things to work out what works best for you and your family. I have no idea how I am going to manage it, lol. I am currently still dry nursing, 18 week now, with no sign of my lo giving it up. I do wonder how she will react when colostrum finally comes in. I have heard that some older ones don't like the taste of it. She generally only asks for it in the morning and at bedtime now, which I am grateful for as I am finding it quite painful at times. Thanks for the updates. I am finding it really interesting x

Hi ladies! :wave: May I join in? I'm TTC #2 while breastfeeding my 2 year old. I've had my AF since 6 months pp, and I've been very regular (28-29 day cycles) pretty much right off the bat.

I went from a month of NTNP to my first month of actively TTC. did any of you have trouble conceiving while breastfeeding? That is one of my fears...

Thank you! :flower:

Bella, I didn't get my periods back until lo was 9 months old. Then fell pregnant when she was just under 2 while ntnp. Sadly that one ended in miscarriage. We were ntnp after that but dtd was rare due to busy house full of kids, lol. When we did decide for definite to ttc again I fell on the 2nd cycle! At the age of 38. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you x

forgot to add that lo is still nursing at 3yrs and 8 month, although it's been dry nursing since about 16/17 weeks.

I'd like to join too - my first is 15 months and we are now pregnant with #2 (a surprise baby ;) ). I've been reading this thread and am really happy to see that some of you have continued to nurse throughout pregnancy and beyond as I am not ready to wean DS yet (and he is still a boobie monster, haha). I had been (and still am) planning on letting him wean when he is ready, I'm just hoping the new pregnancy won't cause him to wean before he's ready. Did you ladies start to offer cow milk or some other supplement as milk supply decreased?

I'd like to join too - my first is 15 months and we are now pregnant with #2 (a surprise baby ;) ). I've been reading this thread and am really happy to see that some of you have continued to nurse throughout pregnancy and beyond as I am not ready to wean DS yet (and he is still a boobie monster, haha). I had been (and still am) planning on letting him wean when he is ready, I'm just hoping the new pregnancy won't cause him to wean before he's ready. Did you ladies start to offer cow milk or some other supplement as milk supply decreased?

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I never had to worry really as my lo was 3 already. She won't take cow's milk at all but loves dairy foods like cheese and yoghurt so I just make sure she has plenty of those.

Hi ladies! Last time I posted I was TTC, & just got my BFP! Would love to follow along this thread as I navigate the world of breastfeeding. While pregnant!

Mum, thanks for your advice!
Lindsay, congrats on your BFP!

Mum - thanks for the congrats :) We've just started giving DS cow milk mixed with breast milk as he wouldn't take the cow milk straight - hopefully if we gradually reduce the amount of breast milk he'll get used to it.

Bella - big congrats to you!!! How exciting :)

Well, my little boy Zane was born on the 13th at 38+1. After a traumatic birth and not latching properly for 24 hours we are doing well. Mw on ward were great and showed me how to express into a tiny syringe one precious drop at a time. I managed to do this enough to give him the energy to feed properly and we are getting on well. My 3yr old is very impressed that milkies have returned and is being very good about waiting for Zane to feed first. Let my final adventure begin!

Congrats mumatmadhouse!! I'm glad you are getting on well despite initial latch problems and a traumatic birth.

Yay mum!!! Congrats on the birth of baby Zane! So sorry to hear the birth was traumatic, but glad you're both well! :flower:

Congrats on the arrival of baby Zane, mumatmadhouse!!! Glad to hear all is going well now, despite the traumatic birth and initial problems with latch. Glad to hear that tandem nursing is going well so far :)

I have a 7mo and just found out I'm pregnant. So far my milk seems to be ok but yesterday I started 600mg progesterone nightly. I'm praying I can stil get my baby boy to the year mark. Any advice and tips welcome. I rarely felt full before. And now it seems even less (granted I just found out yesterday). I'll be checking out the resources k. The first page too! Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->