TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

This is an awesome thread thankyou for all the info :)

Oooo, fun! I am both tandem nursing and ttc #3 while breastfeeding. I got pg with DS2 when DS1 was 7 months old and I nursed through the entire pregnancy. DS2 is now 16 months old and we are still tandem nursing. I do nurse both at the same time, even at night. We co-sleep and we nurse to sleep. First PP AF happened in Dec, and now on my second cycle. Who knows, I may be tandem nursing three in a year's time (although not all at once :haha: I only have two boobs, so there wouldn't be enough room!)

Ozzie, I noticed my boobs felt big and sorta lumpy and bulky when I was first pg with Ally and feeding Lizzie. In the shower, I also thought they felt bulky...then I had a 'ping' lightbulb moment :D

Nursing three? That's pretty amazing, but I don't think I could do it. I only have two boobies! Maybe if it were triplets. Shoot, could you imagine if I had triplets and I were nursing FOUR? DH would go mental :rofl:

SP, do you lay on your back when you nurse both in bed at once? Do the boys find that very comfortable? I did that once with my kids and found it far too awkward for all of us. :shrug:

yeah, I lay on my back. They lay on my arms to prop their heads and my boobs fall to the sides (one nice thing about having these mahoosive boobs!) I think it has a lot to do with boob layout on the body and how much they "sag". If I had the perky B's I had before, there would be no way on earth I could do both at the same time while still sleeping. So in that aspect, I love my 34 DD's, but I just wish they made nice shirts that fit them properly...

I have also tandem fed them whilst sitting on the couch. That was a lot easier when they were little, because I didn't have to worry as much about hair pulling and hitting. Usually I get one situated and then have the other boy use his brother as a pillow :haha: When they were younger, my DH would sometimes help arrange them too, but now that they've grown, they seem to help themselves :haha:

I could see where that would work better. Because I have small boobs :haha: if I lay on my back, my kids have to half crawl/lay onto my rib cage to be able to nurse. And if they try to lay their head down at all, they can't keep the nipple in their mouth. :dohh:

ozzie, could you imagine if I had twins next time around? :argh:

TL, what size are you , if you don't mind me asking?

Now that DS2 has gotten older he enjoys doing acrobatics while nursing, so he quite enjoys the traveling ability of my nipple :rofl:

Large B/small C cup. Before I got pg I was stretching it to call myself a B cup. :haha:

oooo, I miss those days! I was a 34 B before I got pregnant, after DS1, I was a 36DD, after DS2, I lost some weight but not any boob, and am now a 34 DD. Come to find out, Walmart doesn't sell bras in those sizes :( Would love to get some nice dress up bras for my working girls, but looks like it will have to be expensive ones.

I hate that all the nursing bras I can find are so unsupportive! :(

Ozzie, just wanted to say good luck with the TTC... only 6 days till testing I see :dust:

I seem to have a really good group of health visitors. None of them have suggested weaning and all are really supportive of tandem feeding. I had my initial contact today and had a really interesting conversation with the HV about what animals do in the wild when they are still nursing and how this can inform what humans are capable of. She agreed with me that 2 boobs mean we are well equipped for feeding 2 babies.

I have big boobies and have managed to feed both at once lying down. I had the toddler next to me propped up on my arm (being hugged) and the baby kinda balanced on my chest/side. When we feed on the sofa I have baby on my knee and toddler next to me. She somehow manages to take the boob and face almost forward to watch the TV.

That's brilliant Celesse! I hope mine are the same if I manage to continue to nurse throughout my pregnancy :)

Me too, mine is doing the opposite at the moment! I keep leaking and I havent done that for months. Guess we will see what happens over the next few weeks!

When are you testing Ozzieshunni?

Probably six days or so. I'm not really sure. AF is due in six days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->