TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Congratulations!

Can I come in, and moan?! Today, I had a good cry because it hurt like hell to feed. My boobs are so sensitive, that when she latches on, it hurts really badly. And it's not a bad latch, it just hurts, like a pain all around the outside of my nipple. Is this relatively normal for pregnant feeding?

I really really need to encourage Zack to cut down on feeding,he feeds alll through the night and feeds so much in the day.

I tried getting him to sleep in his cot last night but everytime I out him down he just screamed.

I just don't know what to do :( and I feel so guilty for wanting to encourage him to cut down but right now he feeds as often as a newborn.....speaking of newborns I can't wait to feed a newborn again apart from the sore nips

yeah i'm being more consistent with the lansinoh now, i hate using it because it's so oily and sticky and leaves residue in my bras but it's just as uncomfortable to wear tissues or breast feeding pads. But i guess you just gotta do what you gotta do.

She's really likes to swap between boobs during feeds to and the constant reattaching sucks. She drink from the right then tries to pull my left side out and when i say no Eva this booby and point to my right she whinges and grizzles and tries for my left again, but then after a few minutes there she swaps back and forth over and over. ARGH!

I swear you are talking about my daughter. She does the same exact thing. She gets on one boob and starts fishing for the other. I just take it out to keep it from hurting me. Then she just takes turns nursing one then the other, all the while exclaiming "Boobies!" I tried to tell her that Boobies are all gone. She looks at me with this smirk like she knows I'm lying. I can't wait for colostrum to come in.

My son does the exact same thing and it's driving me crazy. He's especially fussy through the night and he wants swapping every few sucks. It makes sleeping through feeding so hard no wonder I'm constantly exhausted

Hopefully joining you next month!!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Cool!!

Sophie now feeds 2-3 times a day. One feed during the day isn't really a feed, more her comfort sucking to relax for her nap. She normally sleeps through, but if she doesn't and we cosleep she doesn't nurse.

My periods haven't returned yet (I stil have the implant, hopefully getting that removed in a couple of weeks) but I have PCOS and never really had periods.
I fell pregnant with Sophie within a month of stopping with the pill and hadn't had a period before I fell pregnant for 10-12 months. So trying not to stress too much about periods not being there yet.

So yea, hopefully we'll be blessed with a little one soon and I'd LOVE to tandem nurse.

Congratulations!

Can I come in, and moan?! Today, I had a good cry because it hurt like hell to feed. My boobs are so sensitive, that when she latches on, it hurts really badly. And it's not a bad latch, it just hurts, like a pain all around the outside of my nipple. Is this relatively normal for pregnant feeding?

I've been getting that too. Some days are worse than others but it seems worse if DS hasn't fed for a while. If he nurses and then swaps sides and swaps back, it doesn't seem to hurt.

I think it must just be a hormonal thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->