TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Well, I guess I'm going to join this thread because I just found out I'm expecting again. Although I am glad about the pregnancy, I am really worried about losing my supply. I don't want this to be a bad thing for my baby; he's only nine months and still needs (and loves!) his mommy milk. Any suggestions on keeping my supply up? I've started eating oatmeal each morning and I ordered some More Milk capsules. I'd love to make it to tandem feeding.

I really really need to encourage Zack to cut down on feeding,he feeds alll through the night and feeds so much in the day.

I tried getting him to sleep in his cot last night but everytime I out him down he just screamed.

I just don't know what to do :( and I feel so guilty for wanting to encourage him to cut down but right now he feeds as often as a newborn.....speaking of newborns I can't wait to feed a newborn again apart from the sore nips

hey how old is Zack? how about a bed rather than a cot so you could still nurse him to sleep, then maybe use the elizabeth pantly technique to stop him relying on the breast to fall asleep? I started doing this with my son until he was ill and i brought him back into my bed for a few nights then when he was better he went into his bed again but we were back to nursing fully to sleep and i haven't got round to starting again.

Also I can't wait to do those newborn feeds again lol

Zack is 22 months,the last time we tried putting him in his cot he went down fine and woke a few times for milk. He came into bed with me at about 1:30am which is the longest he's ever stayed in his cot. He's just Been in bed with me the past few days though as I've been unwell. I've never heard of the Elizabeth pantly technique but will google it now,thanks.

i think she calls it the pantly pull off or something like that. its in the no cry sleep solution for toddlers and preschoolers

once AF has gone away I can officially join this thread :D, though we're going for ntnp approach. Who's not preggers yet?

Congrats jcg0506 on your bfp! xx

Well, I'm at my last fertile day. I'll wait until I'm a week late. AF is due August 13th.

Good luck Ozzie!!

I'm not pregnant yet either :) hopefully having my implant taken out in the next few weeks!

I'm going to have to give up for now, I have a serious ongoing throat infection and the only thing that deals with the pain and inflammation are NSAID painkillers, which can prevent ovulation and interfere with implantation. Also my temperatures are all over the show as the infection sometimes raises my temperature, sometimes no. Not that we had much chance anyway as my luteal phase was only about 5 days long the last few cycles even with a cycle length of nearly 60 days :(. I'm still taking my vitamin b6 and seeing if it makes any difference to the luteal phase when I am hopefully fully recovered in a month or so's time xx

I'm going to have to give up for now, I have a serious ongoing throat infection and the only thing that deals with the pain and inflammation are NSAID painkillers, which can prevent ovulation and interfere with implantation. Also my temperatures are all over the show as the infection sometimes raises my temperature, sometimes no. Not that we had much chance anyway as my luteal phase was only about 5 days long the last few cycles even with a cycle length of nearly 60 days :(. I'm still taking my vitamin b6 and seeing if it makes any difference to the luteal phase when I am hopefully fully recovered in a month or so's time xx

Sorry to hear that :hugs:. Hope you're soon feeling better :flower:

Ozzieshunni were you an admin or am i getting you confused with someone else?

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS CYCLE!!!

aw sorry to hear that summer rain, hopefully a bit of a break will help sort out your cycles and throat!

Lauki good luck once the implant is taken out!

We're trying to sell our house atm and if i'm honest i'd really like to have an offer on the table for that before i get a bfp, we've a 2nd viewing on thurs so i'm keeping my fx'ed cos then we can ttc rather than ntnp!! :D

Not long now Ozzi! any more symptoms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->