TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Are you women who are pregnant and nursing maintaining milk supply somehow? I so desperately need to keep nursing my son but there is a chance of pregnancy for me.

Are you women who are pregnant and nursing maintaining milk supply somehow? I so desperately need to keep nursing my son but there is a chance of pregnancy for me.

My supply went and I dry nursed, but I wasn't pregnant until Alice turned 2. It seems from ladies' experiences on here that the younger your baby, the more likely you are to maintain a better supply. Keep your fluids up, and eat milk boosters like oats. Good luck!

I have been dry nursing for awhile now, but I am happy to say that last night nursing I actually heard a couple swallows... Not many, but at least she's getting a tiny bit!

My af come back about 6months then we kind of did ntnp for a few months but it still took us 9 months of trying to get pregnant.
Silly question but how do you know if your LO is actually getting any milk?

Just a feeling from me really... She took to bringing a cup of milk to our nursing chair and would switch back and forth between the breast and the cup. Last night she wanted nothing to do with her cup.

My af come back about 6months then we kind of did ntnp for a few months but it still took us 9 months of trying to get pregnant.

I knew my supply was dropping when it took ages before she swallowed, and then it was pretty obvious when she told me the milk wasn't coming out any more! She also started eating about twice as much as before.

I knew my supply was dropping when it took ages before she swallowed, and then it was pretty obvious when she told me the milk wasn't coming out any more! She also started eating about twice as much as before.

hehehe made me chuckle!!

My supply seems to be ok at the moment. It took a dip at the start but I have to say that eating porridge and oat cookies and drinking lots of water did help. Seems to have stabilised again now. I'm nice and full in the mornings and then but the evening there doesn't seem to be a lot there but LO is eating plenty of food and sleeping well so it must be fine.

My LO was bad at eating(always preferred the boob before) but after a while of me being pregnant he fussed a lot on boob and started eating and drinking a lot better. I'm guessing that was a dip in my milk production? They also felt empty all the time. I'm also guessing it has come back in the last week or so as he now ignores his dinner again a lot of the time and will spend all day on the boob if he gets a chance!

Ok, my latest problem is that the baby seems to be getting more milk (yay), but now she seems to be pooping a lot more often, and it's not normal toddler poop. It really doesn't have much smell and is really loose. I have been not noticing as much and she seems to have constant rash... I feel awful. It's like 4-5 times a day. Anyone else go through this? Is it the colostrum?

Ok, my latest problem is that the baby seems to be getting more milk (yay), but now she seems to be pooping a lot more often, and it's not normal toddler poop. It really doesn't have much smell and is really loose. I have been not noticing as much and she seems to have constant rash... I feel awful. It's like 4-5 times a day. Anyone else go through this? Is it the colostrum?

Yep. Alice had that, and still does if she nurses a lot. I didn't have the rash issue as she was potty trained, but it is normal (if annoying!).

Definitely sounds like the colostrum effect! Mine all went through that for a long time, too!

Hello. I just noticed my ds was like that too the past couple days. Getting a little rash on his tushy too. Today my boobs are feeling a little tingly. still no af in the past 13mnths. and Im on the camila tablet, but DEF not taken at the same time everyday. ds is eating the same and maybe even a little more. As for me, I've been experiencing, alot of tiredness, alot of pee breaks!, acne, headaches, shakes, hungry more often, nausaus, and just not feeling like my normal self. I have pcos and had to take clomid for for my dd and ds. its just weird feeling. what do you think? should i test or not even bother wasting my time?

how do you know your prego while bf, any signs or symptoms? my ds has been runny the past couple days going anywhere from 4-5 too!

I'd test... But then again I test like crazy! I even did one the other day just to see the lines come up. I'm such a freak! LOL!

Thanks for getting this thread up. Learned a lot. Thank you. I am so excited and so scared about having babies.

I'd test... But then again I test like crazy! I even did one the other day just to see the lines come up. I'm such a freak! LOL!

TEST was negative. it expired in may 1st 2012, dnt know if that would matter or not.

how many of you got preggo before you got your first pp af back?

With both my second and third pregnancies, we got pregnant on the second PP cycle. I know Celesse got pregnant before her first PP cycle, but not sure of anyone else. :flower:

I got pregnant after my first AF. I ovulated two weeks before it, but apparently that didn't work for us. The baby wanted a fresh womb/lining. Picky girl

Been taking agnus castus for a month now and nada. As supportive as dh is if I don't at least get AF back soon I just know he's going to pressure me to stop bf at a year. Not rly looking to get my fertility back but I'd like AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->