TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Well, me and hubby DTD 4 times this month without protection. I've had 2 pp periods so I know I'm cycling. Wonder if I'll get a period next month...

I'm still super nervous about pregnancy effecting my supply and how we'll handle that if it occurs. But I know there is always the chance that everything will be fine.

I've been off birth control since Alex was around 3 months old. He's now 15 months old today and we have been DTD regularly. *sigh* I think it's DH. His pain meds did this last time and he had to stop them so we could get pregnant.

earthmama- i hope this month is it and your supply stays good and abundant. i have the same concern :hugs:

ozzieshunni- i hope its very soon for you! hopefully its not DH, or if it is he will be willing to come off them again til you get a bfp :winkwink:

Those of you who had their milk dry up in pregnancy, how did your little ones take it? Especially if they were slightly older toddlers, who were still pretty boob obsessed and still fed in the night?
I just want to be really prepared (although I am doubting that I will actually manage to fall pregnant while breastfeeding now) my son is 30 months. He still nurses to sleep and wakes during the night and nurses back to sleep. He loves his milk very much.
My LP is still at 7 days (which is progress, it was only 6 days before) so I don't think it will be any time soon that I'm dealing with this, and he may even have weaned before it happens but I can't see him weaning any time soon.
Anyway I don't mind too much if he weans in pregnancy, but I don't want him to be too upset because its gone. Did they understand that it was all gone and stop trying to nurse? Or did they keep trying and getting upset when nothing was coming out?

Those of you who had their milk dry up in pregnancy, how did your little ones take it? Especially if they were slightly older toddlers, who were still pretty boob obsessed and still fed in the night?
I just want to be really prepared (although I am doubting that I will actually manage to fall pregnant while breastfeeding now) my son is 30 months. He still nurses to sleep and wakes during the night and nurses back to sleep. He loves his milk very much.
My LP is still at 7 days (which is progress, it was only 6 days before) so I don't think it will be any time soon that I'm dealing with this, and he may even have weaned before it happens but I can't see him weaning any time soon.
Anyway I don't mind too much if he weans in pregnancy, but I don't want him to be too upset because its gone. Did they understand that it was all gone and stop trying to nurse? Or did they keep trying and getting upset when nothing was coming out?

Would like to know this too,I still have my supply at the moment but Zack has started having a small beaker of cows milk or bed and it fills his belly much better than my milk does. We've only given him cows milk so that oh an put him to sleep at night

Alice noticed, and commented on it, but was still keen (very keen...) to nurse. It was harder on me, as I hated the feeling, and I put various restrictions on (no nursing to sleep/at night/cut down length of feeds.). We talked about how when the baby was born, there would be lots of milk again. She was very excited about that idea! The only other thing I noticed was she massively increased her solid food intake. I'd not realised how much she'd relied on bf for nutrition.

I don't know if my milk stopped but supply Definetly went down as DS stopped feeding so much and ate more proper food-he is another for using milk as his main. It has come back in now though(I'm 30weeks) and my boobs always feel full. Has anyone found older children want to feed more? My DS has started feeding like a nb which I really don't like as it gets uncomfortable and he is always pulling at them. He will happily lay and nurse most of the day if I let him. He gets upset if I stop him as he doesn't understand yet and it is very frustrating.

Hello ladies! My supply continues to drop; I want to cry every time I pump (usually twice a week). Yesterday, I could only pump 2 oz. I feel so bad for my baby. I've talked to a lactation consultant and my midwife, and though the LC had some advice, both really just thought I should let him wean. Problem is, one, he's still a baby, not quite a year old; it's not like he's two years old. Second, he doesn't want to wean! He still very much wants to nurse, like every 2-3 hours. I hate depriving him of something he wants and still needs. I'm doing everything I know to do, eating my oats, taking a supplement, drinking lots of water, letting him nurse as frequently as he wants, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I've read obout the drug domperidome; it's rated as probably safe during pregnancy. Anyone heard anything about it or taken it? Also, I'm wondering if I should consider supplementing. He's almost a year so I could probably give him cow's milk or would formula be better. I don't want this to make my supply drop anymore, but I want to make sure my baby is getting enough. He eats a lot of solids. Anyone have any advice on this? Or just an encouraging word. I'm feeling guilty about this pregnancy; I hate that it's already taking something away from my baby.

Hello ladies! My supply continues to drop; I want to cry every time I pump (usually twice a week). Yesterday, I could only pump 2 oz. I feel so bad for my baby. I've talked to a lactation consultant and my midwife, and though the LC had some advice, both really just thought I should let him wean. Problem is, one, he's still a baby, not quite a year old; it's not like he's two years old. Second, he doesn't want to wean! He still very much wants to nurse, like every 2-3 hours. I hate depriving him of something he wants and still needs. I'm doing everything I know to do, eating my oats, taking a supplement, drinking lots of water, letting him nurse as frequently as he wants, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I've read obout the drug domperidome; it's rated as probably safe during pregnancy. Anyone heard anything about it or taken it? Also, I'm wondering if I should consider supplementing. He's almost a year so I could probably give him cow's milk or would formula be better. I don't want this to make my supply drop anymore, but I want to make sure my baby is getting enough. He eats a lot of solids. Anyone have any advice on this? Or just an encouraging word. I'm feeling guilty about this pregnancy; I hate that it's already taking something away from my baby.

I am interested if anyone has any advise as I am in the same boat. How many weeks pg are you? I am full in the mornings but after that there is not much there during the day and my baby still feeds 5 times during the day. I notice that his nappies are not as full so I know that he isn;t drinking as much. I will go and visit the lactation consultant this week and see if she has any advise

Oh yay congrats summer rain!!! Very happy for you x

Thanks, I'm keeping it a bit on the low low at the moment. Not noticed any loss of supply yet but definitely soreness when he goes on one of his morning feed-a-thons which is still occasionally the case xx

Aw, congrats Summer Rain!

Can I just have a tiny rant about poo! I'm pretty sure my milk is more colostrum now, and Isaac's poo is horrendous!!! It's disgusting, sticky and looser than it's been in months. Gah! It doesn't seem to be bothering him in the slightest, and tbh, after the start we had and how little colostrum he got, I'm kind of glad he's making up for it a bit now, but eurgh :sick:

I'm a bit sorer than I'd like to be, but nothing that's too unbearable. It isn't helping that mr is teething and keeps slipping as he gets used to his new teeth coming in.

No signs of him wanting to wean - he's still asking for 'muh muh muh' first thing in the morning and at bedtime. There have been some days where we've only had those 2 feeds, and others where he's fed all morning. He seems happy enough, and he's not drinking much more than he used to, so I figure he must still be getting something out when he wants to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->