TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Hi ladies. Quick q, tho i already posted in the BFing section. I am BFing 2x/day, and TTC. I ovulated last tuesday for the first time (af hadnt arrived yet, at that point). This morning, I think AF started, as there was blood when I wiped. It wasnt just 'spotting' Any chance I might be pregnant or was the time frame from O to AF too short? I cant seem to find any reliable info when I do a search online. tia.

Most likely explanation is you have a short luteal phase which is very common when BFing.

Other possibility is its implantation bleeding, but it would be early for that.

https://kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility/ The bit on transition to normal fertility is useful in explaining about luteal phase problems.

Just wondering if anyone had the same as me?

Lately after I nurse Sophie before bedtime I get sore braxton hicks. They go together with cramps and are really not very pleasant.

Is this okay? I thought they weren't supposed to hurt! But I'm afraid to ask the midwife in case she tells me to stop nursing Sophie for no good reason!

I got cramps that felt like early labour pains from the end of third tri. If they stop when you stop nursing, I don't think it's anything to be concerned by. Good practice for breathing through!

They actually continue for about an hour or so after :(. They start halfway through nursing and then I have to lay down on the sofa for them to stop.

Just looking for any advice on the return to full fertility:
I've had 2 periods so far- but they were 45 days apart. I'm now into a new cycle and have been getting obvious ewcm since Monday. Can I assume this is ovulation and I am fertile? I had slight sharp pains too like O pains but from both side.
I've drastically cut down on breastfeeding since my last period? Thanks

They actually continue for about an hour or so after :(. They start halfway through nursing and then I have to lay down on the sofa for them to stop.

I think then I'd be tempted to talk to someone. Have you got a breastfeeding support group who are experienced in nursing in pregnancy?

Just looking for any advice on the return to full fertility:
I've had 2 periods so far- but they were 45 days apart. I'm now into a new cycle and have been getting obvious ewcm since Monday. Can I assume this is ovulation and I am fertile? I had slight sharp pains too like O pains but from both side.
I've drastically cut down on breastfeeding since my last period? Thanks
I don't think you can be certain you're fertile. I ovulated in all 5 of my cycles, but had a very short luteal phase for the first 4, which I've heard is quite common. Good sign though, so fingers crossed!

I have my Midwife appointment in 2 weeks. I do go to a breastfeeding support group (so will ask around there) !

I am just nursing Coen once a day now first thing in the morning. Any idea how long I'll be able to keep this up? My milk is already changing to colostrum and pretty much gone. He isn't content to nurse any other time of day. He is just now 9 months and getting a mixture of ebm and formula about 18 ounces a day. He is also on 3 solid meals but still not that interested in lunch. Is he getting enough? He has probably 5 good wet diapers and probably 2 poopy diapers.

Sounds like he's getting enough with all the supplements :). I've been nursing Sophie once a day for months now and she's still content with that one feed.

He might just be happy to do it for the comfort as opposed to the nutrition? I think you can keep it up as long as you're happy to.

Ugh think we may be done. I couldn't bring myself to nurse this morning just got a bottle. It hurts so bad initially that I just couldn't do it. Now I feel bad. Think I may suck it up tomorrow and see how it goes. At least if nothing else ill have that one last feed. Not gonna lie, I was hoping for a few months of a break before new baby arrives.

It's pretty much the same here. If I nurse less than 10 minutes they subside quickly. But I also have contractions (BH) all day, and they are not painful but definitely uncomfortable. I start getting them early on, around 19 weeks with both pregnancies, and very frequently in the last month or so. My midwife just says I have an overactive uterus, and of course the fact that I am still nursing doesn't help. But I went over with my first and I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow so it doesn't necessarily mean you're in danger of a premature birth. Best to consult your midwife though.

I think if I go over much this time, I will just let my toddler nurse as much as he wants all day and see if I can't get labor going. Last time they had me pumping all day so I could avoid an induction and it eventually worked.

Thanks :)! They want me to avoid induction too because of my emergency cesearean with Sophie. So when I told the midwife I was still nursing she was really pleased saying it might just help!

Hi ladies I have a question

I have 5 month old daughter and a couple of weeks ago I had someting between light bleed and spotting for 3 days, with all the signs of period, period pain, mood swings, headaches, etc. So I thought it might have been my first AF or maybe my cycles trying to get back i am exclusively breast feeding so I am not sure if my cycles are due back yet.
Anyway exactly 14 days after that I had strong Ovulation pain and had EWCM so out of couriosity I did an OPK and it was positive. Ovulation is not confirmed as I am not charting at all. Coincidence we had intercourse that morning (non protected) We are NTNP at the moment until I stop breastfeeding then we will start TTC. So if I fall pregnant now is not an issue.

The thing is with all this happening since I had the Ovulation pain, since that day I have noticed a drop in my milk supply, basically my boobs do not fill up during the night as they used to. My daughter does not seem to go hungry yet, but I do not have enough to pump as I used to. Can ovulation, and the hormones involved in it and after it influence the milk supply? if so, what can I do to increase it? other than encouragy my baby to be on the breast as often as we can?

I genuinely believe that nursing my ds2 set me into labour. Ds2 had weaned for roughly 2 weeks then all of a sudden wanted to breastfeed so I let him,he fed for a while and I had really intense regular contractions. They lasted 4 hours all together but became irregular and eventually stopped. The day I went into labour I'd been having bh all evenin they were really painful but were quite irregular. I went upto bed and fed ds2 for half an hour. Decided to get some sleep but was woken up half hour later with strong contractions and 2 hours later ds3 was born.
Before ds2 had decided to bf again I was having signs my body was ready for labour like losing my plug etc but I felt my body needed a little kick to get me into labour,I think bf was that kick

Hi ladies I have a question

I have 5 month old daughter and a couple of weeks ago I had someting between light bleed and spotting for 3 days, with all the signs of period, period pain, mood swings, headaches, etc. So I thought it might have been my first AF or maybe my cycles trying to get back i am exclusively breast feeding so I am not sure if my cycles are due back yet.
Anyway exactly 14 days after that I had strong Ovulation pain and had EWCM so out of couriosity I did an OPK and it was positive. Ovulation is not confirmed as I am not charting at all. Coincidence we had intercourse that morning (non protected) We are NTNP at the moment until I stop breastfeeding then we will start TTC. So if I fall pregnant now is not an issue.

The thing is with all this happening since I had the Ovulation pain, since that day I have noticed a drop in my milk supply, basically my boobs do not fill up during the night as they used to. My daughter does not seem to go hungry yet, but I do not have enough to pump as I used to. Can ovulation, and the hormones involved in it and after it influence the milk supply? if so, what can I do to increase it? other than encouragy my baby to be on the breast as often as we can?

I'm sure all the hormones will influence. I think many women have the problem when they are on their period that their milk supply is a bit lower.
I'm not sure what you can do, I hope someone can help you out there!

I'm on day 13 of ewcm- am I still going to ovulate or is this an infertile cycle? Never had it this long before!

After the long post I wrote... full on AF showed yesterday. That means I had a very short LP of 5 days! Well as it is my first propper period after giving birth then I wont worry too much about my LP. So I am one of the lucky ones who get AF while Exclusively breastfeeding! On the positive side this makes TTC easier ;-) Did anyone get a BFP while EBF? Anyone having periods while EBF? If so were they regular or odd?
I am goint to chart just to see what my body is doing.

Ah, and my milk supply went back to normal as soon as AF started.

Well I can officially join the club...pregnant and nursing! 6 weeks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->