• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Congratulations on your little boy! :D What a big boy! That's great your home birth went so well.

Glad he's nursing so well. I'm sure the issues will be sorted very soon. That is interesting how your little girl liked the milk but hasn't nursed again.

I think it is partly because I got such bad nursing aversion during pregnancy. It felt awful when she nursed and made me very irratable. I tried really hard to hide it and be cheerful but she is very sensitive to feelings and it put her on edge too. I think it makes her wary to start nursing. Once she gets past the first bit she relaxes and enjoys it but it has made her distance herself from it. She still loves to snuggle her face against my boobs and give them a bit of a sqeeze with her hands but without actually nursing. The day she did nurse she was half asleep which made her start without thinking about it much.

I think my colostrum came in today. DS started nursing after a stressful bath (I have no idea why) and had not wanted to stop since. He even asked to go to bed (which means nursing) an hour early...i also get some clearish yellow stuff out when I squeeze them, where a few days ago it was nothing.

How is it effecting his poops? I read that it could cause loose stools because of the laxative effect.

Well, this is where my bf'ing while pregnant journey ends. I'm completely heart broken. But thanks to a complete placenta previa and a bleed a few days ago I've been told I must wean my little boy.

Thank you all for your support and help.

I'm hoping he'll start again when baby comes and I'll be able to tandem nurse.

Good luck ladies in your pregnancy and ttc :flow:

How is it effecting his poops? I read that it could cause loose stools because of the laxative effect.

Well, this is where my bf'ing while pregnant journey ends. I'm completely heart broken. But thanks to a complete placenta previa and a bleed a few days ago I've been told I must wean my little boy.

Thank you all for your support and help.

I'm hoping he'll start again when baby comes and I'll be able to tandem nurse.

Good luck ladies in your pregnancy and ttc :flow:

He has pooped a lot today, first thing this morning too. They are usually loose anyway.

Finn's are too. I was not looking forward to the change when my colostrum came in. I guess I won't find out now :(

Really glad S likes your colostrum. I was also worried about Finn not liking mine.

He has been wanting to nurse so much more yesterday and today, before yesterday he would NOT nurse during the day, even if I offered, he would latch for a moment then run off to play. This confirmed my belief there was no milk. Now, if I offer, he will nurse for a few minutes then quit, but keep coming back to the point I just take my shirt off. He also started falling asleep nursing before bedtime tonight after asking to go to bed an hour early yesterday, I don't know if he is just more tired, or the milk...don't overtired toddlers usually act out, not ask for bed?

Since it's really a lot for me to read I figured I would just ask. What should I expect when nursing while pregnant? I want to keep nursing Riya for as long as I can but I also am TTC another baby.

Honestly, I just kept nursing without problems. You may have some sore nipples. I started feeling let down again. My supply went down almost immediately but didn't go away until 16-18 weeks or so, and now at 24 I have colostrum again it appears. I have had a few moments of nursing aversion, but nothing major. Always at night.

some women don't lose their milk, but a lot do. I have heard it is less likely to go away if your current nursing is younger, but I am not sure the truth in that.

Well that is really good to know, thanks hun!

I am hoping my milk does not dry up. I want to nurse Riya as long as she wants to. Then again idk how likely it is that I will get pregnant again within the next few months. I get my period, but it is really irregular. Sometimes its light, sometimes its heavy, and sometimes it comes really close together like 2 periods in one month type of close.

I just kept bf like normal too. My milk went really low very fast, before 12 weeks. There still is a tiny bit but not much at all. I had a lot of pain and still do. Every now and then I'll have aversion with the pain and that's awful. Good luck with everything :flow:

Best news ever today! My placenta moved! I can keep bf'ing!! And I'm going to be going home!!

Thanks hun! Congrats on being able to breastfeed again!

So glad you don't have to stop! Your placenta moved! You get to go home! AWESOME NEWS!!!!

too_scared- Glad your placenta has moved!

I've heared mixed things about continuing or stopping feeding when there are complications like that. Some women have carried on without further problems but there are so few cases to compare to that doctors and MWs are only guessing at what to do. The evidence there is says that it is rarely dangerous but on the other hand sometimes its better to be on the over cautious side.

Thank you.

My case is probably a little different than most. My placenta is bi-lobed, it's actually two sections. Now it seems the two sections are moved apart and are moving up. The doctor said there's a possibility that there could be veins or placental tissue going across my cervix. As of right now is not too much of a worry since my placenta has moved up some. Now the worry comes in labour.

Following this thread. We are hoping to start TTC in August of this year. LO will be about 9 months old and I would love to continue breastfeeding her.

Talk to me about dry nursing please. I am almost 19 weeks and still happily nursing my 3yr old. A couple of weeks ago my lo told me that the "milkies" has gone. I thought this was the case as bf was hurting a bit. She says she still loves the boo boo even though the milkies have gone, bless her. So, we are dry nursing. My question is how long might we be doing this for before milk comes back? Does it vary? Will we be dry nursing until birth? I don't mind it's just a little painful. Anyone who can share their experiences?

I had a similar experience with my DD1 who was about 6 months younger than your DD at the time. She carried on feeding, but didn't get much out for the rest of pregnancy, really. I would say the discomfort was worst around 20 weeks, and got better from there. There was some colostrum at times, but no proper milk until DD2 was born. DD1 dropped naturally from feeding several times per day to just a bedtime feed, which she has clung on to steadfastly! She was very pleased when the milk came back in after DD2 was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->