• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Around 16-18 weeks, it felt like my milk was totally gone. Around 23 weeks, I started feeling as though there was some colostrum. It's not much, so it is still pretty much dry nursing....

Thanks ladies. My lo hasn't dropped feeds but is on and off quite quickly now. Good to hear that the pain might ease up a bit soon:thumbup:

I'm still waiting for the pain to ease :( I'm hoping it starts getting better soon.

Hey I thought I'd ask here too as well, I was nursing DS last night and I noticed one side hurt. I thought he had bit me or something, so I just focused on the other side. I noticed further on in the night that my breast hurt, not just the nipple. It starts near my armpit and it's worst there, but the whole breast is pretty sore. I know breast tenderness is normal in pregnancy, but I thought it was generally more unilateral and more in the first tri?

I just had an OB check up yesterday and it was FINE....I've called and left a message, but it could be all day before I hear back from them.

I am breastfeeding (not pregnant though) and I still have those pains sometimes in my breasts. I thought maybe it was from laying on my stomach a lot when I sleep. Somehow letting my daughter nurse on that breast makes it feel better (and I am not engorged when it hurts).

I had pain like that on and off the whole pregnancy and my milk had definitely gone and not come back yet. I assumed it was normal but I also did some warm massage on the area when I had it.

I did some warm compress and massage and it got much better last night! Still a teensy bit sore in one spot, bug not the whole breast and doesn't bother me nursing. I will repeat the treatment today if it doesn't go away on its own.

Hi
My baby girl is ebf she's 10 weeks old we would like a small age gap between babies but can you tell me roughly when your af returned ? Was it when baby slept through the night or was having solids ? I'm aiming to bf for the first year we are hoping to try as soon as af returns but I have no idea when this might be. My little boy who is 4 is disabled he couldn't bf and my af was back when he was 8 weeks.
Any help is great I know there's no exact answer just wondered what people's experience was

My af came back the day before kiddo turned 8 months. Kiddo was "eating" solids for about a month at that point. I use quotation marks because we did blw and he wasn't ingesting much. He was still nursing ever 1-3 hours around the clock.

Mine was also around 8 months, DS was the same, he was "eating"...BLW style, but not much was going in! I was back at work and pumping since 3 months.

Hi
My baby girl is ebf she's 10 weeks old we would like a small age gap between babies but can you tell me roughly when your af returned ? Was it when baby slept through the night or was having solids ? I'm aiming to bf for the first year we are hoping to try as soon as af returns but I have no idea when this might be. My little boy who is 4 is disabled he couldn't bf and my af was back when he was 8 weeks.
Any help is great I know there's no exact answer just wondered what people's experience was

Mine returned at 8.5months. LO was still feeding frequently day and night but her feeds got really short and she was eating loads of solids. I have read that 14 months is average.

Hi

With the girls my af came at bang on 4 weeks. With ds it was 6 weeks, all ebf. I fell pregnant with dd2 when dd1 was 4.5 months old as we wanted a small age gap too xx

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice- I'm on cd23 of my 2nd pp cycle.
My first cycle was 37 days and I had no O signs
This cycle I got O pain around day 18/19 and I've been having ewcm for the past 7 days. Is breastfeeding delaying ovulation? Can I assume I've ovulated this cycle or is it another anovulatory cycle?

I believe its quite common not to ovulate for the first cycle or two. It can also make your LP short meaning you are not looking for O signs at the right time. A lot of women will continue to have long or irregular cycles as long as they are BFing but often manage to get pregnant anyway.

Thanks- I conceived my second daughter while bfeeding so I know it's possible for me. Just hoping it will be again this time.
I'm not even counting days this cycle- just looking out for cm changes as I will expect a much later ovulation date!
I just wasn't sure how many days of ewcm is normal and if my body was just gearing back up again! I guess only time will tell!

I didn't notice any EW CM my first couple of cycles BFing. I did notice my CM turned a bit wetter and less sticky before my first period but nothing like EW CM. The first cycle I had a tiny bit of EW CM (but still not as much as normal)was the one I got pregnant again so it might have been a sign for me I was fertile again but CM seems to be different for every one, you kind of need to use the basics and work out how it aplies to you.

Hi all - breastfeeding my two year old still quite often (thru the night and ~6 times a day) and recently found out I'm pregnant and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to keep my breastfeeding relationship. I'm not ready to give it up and he isn't either!!

I have a question - I've noticed when he nurses sometimes I get some dull cramping, is this okay? I'm only 4 weeks right now.

I'm also extremely scared for the drop of milk production. I've always produced a ton and have a strong let down but I've noticed I don't feel so full and don't feel my let down anymore. I hope DS will be okay with this new change. I'd like to tandem nurse.

It's normal, it's okay (especially if it's dull). Lots of women have light cramping in the first few weeks of pregnancy anyway, you may just notice it more as you are paying attention when you are nursing.

I am still nursing my 2 year old at almost 36 weeks, I lost my milk shortly before 20 weeks and started getting some colostrum around 24 weeks, DS has nursed right through. I have started getting some aversion when I am really tired, like night nursing, and he's been leisurely nursing for like an hour.

I hope it works out well for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->