TTC = public knowledge or a secret kept...?

We just don't see any need for it. All it does is change my last name, really. Our life together wouldn't be any different other than that.

Yeah, i didn't see the point, either.....but it was important to my hubby...so we did....we were together 9 years before actually getting married...i did not bother changing my name....seemed like a PITA, but if we have a kid, he wants me to consider it....

I never changed my name either; I came into the world with this one and I am leaving it the same way. Ii want to hyphenate our LO's name but DH said no, hellz no actually! :growlmad:

Sometimes I want to tell everyone..........just because I am sick of hearing all the time from my MIL how DH & I are not to have any other children :nope:

I don't like her! :growlmad:

We haven't told anyone because we are afraid Porkchop will try and eat our young, lol :wacko:

Sometimes I want to tell everyone..........just because I am sick of hearing all the time from my MIL how DH & I are not to have any other children :nope:

Just tell HER...Show her your charts...Let her see your bbt....:growlmad:

I kind of think she says that because she blames me for DS premature birth. DH said that we should talk to her about it, but I don't think I can. Both of my parents are gone & the only family members that talk to me live in New Zealand. I feel that if I speak up that it may pizz her off & she'll ignore us. I couldn't do that to DH & DS :(
They are all I have here in the US.

Why the hell does she blame you?....
Your DH should talk to her and leave you out of it...imo....

I want to hyphenate our LO's name but DH said no, hellz no actually! :growlmad:

I figure I'll get that same reaction, but I'm not giving in. He has no more right to having only his last name than I do. So, I'm not budging. It's either that or my name only. But, we aren't married either, so it's a slightly different situation.

I figure I'll get that same reaction, but I'm not giving in. He has no more right to having only his last name than I do. So, I'm not budging. It's either that or my name only. But, we aren't married either, so it's a slightly different situation.

I have no intention on giving up on this one; there is no rule that says I have to, lol. :happydance:

I have no intention on giving up on this one; there is no rule that says I have to, lol. :happydance:

Good for you! We will stick to our guns!:gun:

I figure this is pretty much how it's going to be unless my DH grows a uterus! :thumbup:

Just wondering, with all our TTC efforts, who really knows what we are up to?

Hubby and I were discussing this last night over dinner and he asked me if I'd told anyone, I said no I want to keep it private and he was in agreement. At his workplace he was saying that a colleague was announcing 'it didn't work for him and his wife this month', I would be mortified if my hubby made our TTC days office gossip. So, so far only me, DH and you lot are in the know :haha: let's hope I don't bump into anyone I know on here (note mug shot for avatar). Sisters have been asking me...but I still fell uncomfortable talking about it and I just tell them I'll let them know when it happens...I just want to keep it private for now.

How about everyone else? You keeping mum about it or have you made sure close people, family or best mates are in the know?

Hey Nat i've not told no one apart from my DH haha! I won't tell anyone until i'm showing because all i will get is grief from DH's sisters. They all think that 4 children is enough! I get lectured on where can you find space for another child? and what about uni? etc ect ....... i know they have a point but we provide really well for the children we've got and they never go without. Not saying their spoilt either. I'm going to bug you now any symptoms so far? haha!! J xxxx

Hubby and I were discussing this last night over dinner and he asked me if I'd told anyone, I said no I want to keep it private and he was in agreement. At his workplace he was saying that a colleague was announcing 'it didn't work for him and his wife this month', I would be mortified if my hubby made our TTC days office gossip. So, so far only me, DH and you lot are in the know :haha: let's hope I don't bump into anyone I know on here (note mug shot for avatar). Sisters have been asking me...but I still fell uncomfortable talking about it and I just tell them I'll let them know when it happens...I just want to keep it private for now.

How about everyone else? You keeping mum about it or have you made sure close people, family or best mates are in the know?

Hey Nat i've not told no one apart from my DH haha! I won't tell anyone until i'm showing because all i will get is grief from DH's sisters. They all think that 4 children is enough! I get lectured on where can you find space for another child? and what about uni? etc ect ....... i know they have a point but we provide really well for the children we've got and they never go without. Not saying their spoilt either. I'm going to bug you now any symptoms so far? haha!! J xxxx

It drive me nuts that people think there is a limit to how many children you can have :growlmad: If you are providing for them and caring for them then it is no one's business!

It drive me nuts that people think there is a limit to how many children you can have :growlmad: If you are providing for them and caring for them then it is no one's business!

I completely agree with you! This will be our last one and i want a nice relaxing pregnancy without any negative comments. They have our best interests but sometimes they need to keep quiet! :growlmad: J xx

Hey, i see you're blessed with bitchy sisters in law...me too. unfortunately for me she speaks perfect english which is a pain in the ass...she never shuts up!your sils, its none of their business so you're right to keep them in the dark. i was one of 4 girls, in fact my mum prob would have gone on and had more. and like you, my mum devoted her time for us kids and i feel very thankful for that. we were never short of anything and i wouldn't swap growing up in a large family for anything. i think kids learn so much more when they have siblings. bugga what your rellies think. well, im starting at ttc1 but in fact i'd love a crew like you! the more life and noise in a house is better i think:thumbup:

SYMPTOMS? are you asking about symptoms already? thats a no no question. it's banned on here, ask macwooly! :yellowcard:I think it's still too early for me to have any sympt. But now you've mentioned it, how r u feeling today? :winkwink:

Oh symptom spotting is most definitely banned :ban: and me & Jax make a formidable team at banning people from it :grr::trouble::grr:

I symptom spotted for my first cycle and went nuts doing it but the last 2 I haven't and find it so much more relaxing :thumbup:

But ladies if you need a distraction for a few hours I suggest going to the cinema and seeing Bridesmaids which is the most fabulous film and will have you :rofl: It will really lift your mood and stops you symptom spotting or thinking about TTC :thumbup:

As for bitchy SILs I think many of us have one I know I do :growlmad:

Oh symptom spotting is most definitely banned :ban: and me & Jax make a formidable team at banning people from it :grr::trouble::grr:

I symptom spotted for my first cycle and went nuts doing it but the last 2 I haven't and find it so much more relaxing :thumbup:

But ladies if you need a distraction for a few hours I suggest going to the cinema and seeing Bridesmaids which is the most fabulous film and will have you :rofl: It will really lift your mood and stops you symptom spotting or thinking about TTC :thumbup:

As for bitchy SILs I think many of us have one I know I do :growlmad:

Haha thats why i put it as i know Nat doesn't like to symptom check. We are on another website called countdowntopregnancy and all we get on there is symtom checking which does my head in. I only put my symptoms on because they show an interest which i suppose is nice. That thumbup made me laugh

Hey, i see you're blessed with bitchy sisters in law...me too. unfortunately for me she speaks perfect english which is a pain in the ass...she never shuts up!your sils, its none of their business so you're right to keep them in the dark. i was one of 4 girls, in fact my mum prob would have gone on and had more. and like you, my mum devoted her time for us kids and i feel very thankful for that. we were never short of anything and i wouldn't swap growing up in a large family for anything. i think kids learn so much more when they have siblings. bugga what your rellies think. well, im starting at ttc1 but in fact i'd love a crew like you! the more life and noise in a house is better i think:thumbup:

SYMPTOMS? are you asking about symptoms already? thats a no no question. it's banned on here, ask macwooly! :yellowcard:I think it's still too early for me to have any sympt. But now you've mentioned it, how r u feeling today? :winkwink:

Looks like you'll be pregnant for the next 5 years then :winkwink:

well i can't let you know what my symptoms are otherwise i'll get beaten up by the viking :haha: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->