TTC = public knowledge or a secret kept...?

On one hand I totally agree with what Miss_C is saying, in that why are we all worrying so much about other people's feelings and what they think about us TTC.

On the other hand, like purplelou, I wouldn't want to disappoint family members who would really like to see us have a baby.

And another part of me would be MORTIFIED at public announcing that I'm having sex with my OH! LOL how stupid is that?

that is so funny. yeah, i feel the same. announcing to say my parents or other peeps we are ttc is like telling them we are having lots of sex!!! :haha: how embarrassing huh!

Exactly, I could curl up and die at the thought of it :dohh:

I feel exactly the same :)

Just wondering, with all our TTC efforts, who really knows what we are up to?

Hubby and I were discussing this last night over dinner and he asked me if I'd told anyone, I said no I want to keep it private and he was in agreement. At his workplace he was saying that a colleague was announcing 'it didn't work for him and his wife this month', I would be mortified if my hubby made our TTC days office gossip. So, so far only me, DH and you lot are in the know :haha: let's hope I don't bump into anyone I know on here (note mug shot for avatar). Sisters have been asking me...but I still fell uncomfortable talking about it and I just tell them I'll let them know when it happens...I just want to keep it private for now.

How about everyone else? You keeping mum about it or have you made sure close people, family or best mates are in the know?

Hey Nat i've not told no one apart from my DH haha! I won't tell anyone until i'm showing because all i will get is grief from DH's sisters. They all think that 4 children is enough! I get lectured on where can you find space for another child? and what about uni? etc ect ....... i know they have a point but we provide really well for the children we've got and they never go without. Not saying their spoilt either. I'm going to bug you now any symptoms so far? haha!! J xxxx

Hey, i see you're blessed with bitchy sisters in law...me too. unfortunately for me she speaks perfect english which is a pain in the ass...she never shuts up!your sils, its none of their business so you're right to keep them in the dark. i was one of 4 girls, in fact my mum prob would have gone on and had more. and like you, my mum devoted her time for us kids and i feel very thankful for that. we were never short of anything and i wouldn't swap growing up in a large family for anything. i think kids learn so much more when they have siblings. bugga what your rellies think. well, im starting at ttc1 but in fact i'd love a crew like you! the more life and noise in a house is better i think:thumbup:

SYMPTOMS? are you asking about symptoms already? thats a no no question. it's banned on here, ask macwooly! :yellowcard:I think it's still too early for me to have any sympt. But now you've mentioned it, how r u feeling today? :winkwink:

Looks like you'll be pregnant for the next 5 years then :winkwink:

well i can't let you know what my symptoms are otherwise i'll get beaten up by the viking :haha: x

Haha! i best get busy then :hahaha! a crew would be perfect but if it's down to dh's ball crunching choice of pants he bought only yesterday, we'll be lucky if we get someone even to scrub the decks!

went shopping yesterday. came back laden with bags....he started sorting his and pulled out what i can only describe as seriously, professional 'budgie smugglers!', i freaked out and said why did you buy kid's sized pants...you know we are trying to conceive!?! .... in his defence, it was an accident in the end, after he had changed his mind on the colour (colour being very imortant to him...) he picked up the wrong size.:dohh: i've told him he is banned from even attempting to stretch them out to wear. we need to keep those babies cool and unrestricted right!?!

Haha brilliant x

The only thing about this, is all during the 70s when you look at the old shows, or any old family photos the men all used to wear total nut crushers, but evidently were still breeding away (we're all here as proof of that!).

The only thing about this, is all during the 70s when you look at the old shows, or any old family photos the men all used to wear total nut crushers, but evidently were still breeding away (we're all here as proof of that!).

Totally true

We are keeping it completely quiet that we are TTC, which is going to be difficult(keeping quiet). I have so many questions that it is hard not to ask people I know for their knowledge and advice. People will begin to notice that I am not drinking wine.
Why don't I want to tell anyone? I don't want outside pressure to conceive or people telling me that i shouldn't have waited so long. We may never conceive and I don't want people having that pitying "Sorry you couldn't have children" attitude as if my life were a complete failure.
I will need support so I think will need to come from this forum.

Our families and a couple of close friends know and that's it.

To be honest we wouldn't have told anyone about it but we conceived earlier in the year and sadly had a MC and we had to call on people to help out with DD and my horse. I'm not one for asking for help and either lying or expecting people not to ask what was wrong so it kind of gave the game away that we wanted another baby.

It's true people knowing does add to the pressure though. There's always someone who can't resist asking 'are you pregnant yet?'

My girlfriends at work know and my mum and my sister. I'm not sure who hubby has told - his family never mention it anyway!

The girls at work are very supportive and i don't personally feel any pressure from them about TTC. Got a bit womb achy when two of them got pregnant on the first occasion they TTC - but hey ho.
After now 12 months of TTC at the age of just 37 - if AF doesn;t show up in the next 2 days (which i'm sure she will as have all the symptoms of it coming) then will be making appt at the doctors for tests....

We are keeping it completely quiet that we are TTC, which is going to be difficult(keeping quiet). I have so many questions that it is hard not to ask people I know for their knowledge and advice. People will begin to notice that I am not drinking wine.
Why don't I want to tell anyone? I don't want outside pressure to conceive or people telling me that i shouldn't have waited so long. We may never conceive and I don't want people having that pitying "Sorry you couldn't have children" attitude as if my life were a complete failure.
I will need support so I think will need to come from this forum.

This is exactly how I feel!!!

My sister popped out 4 kids without any issue (actually, most of them were unexpected...gah). I took the super careful route in life and waited until everything was *right*...and she can't understand why I don't just have kids? (like I just make the decision and poof! there it is).

I'm just the kind of person that prefers to deal with disappointments on my own. I'm private. Luckily I have an amazing husband who I can share a lot of these thoughts with, but yeah...I can't make an announcement to all my friends and family and then have to face publicly face failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->