TTC second child for 76 months. :(

lucydiamond

Reaction score
Hi guys. We have been trying for a baby naturally for a little over 6 years. We have finally plucked up the courage to ask for help. I have already been told we will get no NHS help with IVF as we have a daughter, (she is mine from a previous relationship, although obv we both love and cherish her VERY much).

In May I had a lap and dye and they found a small amount of endometriosis which they removed, but otherwise I am healthy. I have had 3 day 21 blood tests, all of which showed that I had not ovulated yet, I have a 5-6 week cycle, so i guess these were taken too early. ?

My hubbie has a very low sperm count of 0.3million, he recently went for varicocele op and we are hoping this will have improved the count. He has no other medical reasons for it being so low.

Is it unlikely that we will ever conceive?

Never say never! There are many things a boy can do to improve sperm - diet, exercise, drinking, smoking, clothing, vitamins.... The fact that you you've had some endo removed and your hubby has also had treatment has to up your odds. Do you do anything else to track your cycles to make sure you are BDing at the right time - or may be you bd a lot anyway? How old are you if I may ask? :flower:

If you have 5-6 week cycles the cd21 test was fairly pointless. It never ceases to amaze me that doctors insist on doing this on cd21 even when ladies know their cycles are no 28 days! Have you tried temping? That way you could find out for yourself whether you're ovving or not, and even more importantly, when. xxx

Thanks for the reply!
Hubbie is 31, doesn't smoke or drink, doesn't do any naughty things like wear tight pants or have hot baths, gets plenty of exercise and we eat extremely healthily.

I am hopeful though, like you say, that after the ops we will have at least improved our chances. I am not sure what will happen next if the results come back as no improvement, I guess we'll be allowed other treatments even though IVF is ruled out?

I'm 28, had my daughter when I was 19. I tend to know when I'm Oving so I haven't ever used any testing kits or temping before. I'm booked in for another day 21 test on Monday so I might ring and change it for a day when I think it's likely to be! I did mention that I'd read on the internet that perhaps I should have it later as my cycle was longer, but Dr said that's not how it works and I'd got it wrong. :/

Really?! And did he/she explain "how it works" then or just fob you off?

Do you know when you're ovving because you can feel it? Or by cervical mucus? I only ask because for me I tend to get the fertile cm and ov pains a couple of days before I actually ov - I only knew when I was ovving from temping. If I'd gone by my body alone I would have been stopping the BD a bit too soon. x

Had a lot of fun trying to convince the doctors surgery that although the day 21 was recommended by the doctor, it wasn't the right day for me to be having blood taken, so in the end I gave up and went in on day 21 anyway. Very much fobbed off. Grrr. I get Ov pain and CM which I've always gone on, but we tend to BD (ooh, I'm learning the lingo!) every other day anyway, so I don't think timing can be too much of an issue....but, I guess it's worth a try with temping. I'll have to look up what you do. :)

I guess you could always lie about when your last period started and "re-adjust" the dates! x

Have you tried or asked for clomid hun.I think that would be super for you.It will make your cycles regular if it makes you Ov hun:)Secondary Infertility Sucks:(.It took us 5.5 years for this lil Shamrock.Massive hugs hun and sending you tonnes and tonnes of baby Dust xoxox

Yes, lying sounds like it might be a good option if it gets the job done! I wish they'd just listen though! Grr. Fab news about your bfp Irishgirl, I haven't asked about clomid yet, I just presumed that doc will suggest these things when she feels they are necessary. Hubbie has his second SA tomorrow, I do hope we get a better result this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->