TTC, the good the bad and the ugly!

Essjay86

Reaction score
I'm having a bit of a meltdown lately.

I have been buying internet cheapie OPK since i began testing in March 2014. They've always been fine until now. For the past couple of days there has been no control line show up. no line at all!! Why??!

What does everyone recommend? I don't want to be spending too much money.

Also, i am dieting as i have quite a few lb to lose. I am doing slimming world here in the UK. I've always been led to believe that low fat yoghurt and milk is best, as it will help you lose weight. Also diet drinks etc etc. But i read an article about how semi skimmed milk and low fat yoghurts lose their goodness and it strips the female hormones out of it and leaves the male hormones meaning it could affect ttc.

Anyone else heard this?

And also sweeteners are really bad when ttc...so no more caffiene free diet coke :( which i live off.

:( Why is everything so hard!

I have read that we eat more junk food as we are eating lower fat foods and if we ate full fat products and got our natural fats instead of processed fats then we would all be healthier but have not heard anything about fertility.

I also have the cheap OPKs and sometimes wonder if they work.

This was what i was reading. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2947717/How-eat-pregnant-Chilli-fat-milk-chicken-citrus-fruits-help-woman-conceive-says-fertility-expert.html

I bought the book too. I hope it arrives soon. Ive also just ordered Vitex.

I heard a lot about the low fat and no fat milk things. It seems that it tricks your body into thinking that its gonna get something with a lot of fat so it produces hormones to process that. And when the fat doen't show up, the body freaks out and stores more fat than it would have otherwise. Idk if its true, but I switched to whole fat dairy items.

There's been talk for a while of studies showing that a low-fat diet isn't healthy at all and is starving our brains of certain hormones, and in turn is making depression a bigger problem in this country. Apparently fat is good as long at it is natural fat, like lard and olive oil, not heavily processed stuff. I haven't followed up any of the studies myself so I can't vouch for how much truth is in it, but I followed a paelo diet for a while, and that's one of the things it's based on. Paelo is meant to be excellent for ttc btw, heard lots of stories of it solving various health problems, including some explained and unexplained fertility issues. Personally I just found it impossible to sustain though x

Im sure there are scientific facts and studies behind all of that, but if you think that very very unhealthy people, people who abuse drugs and alcohol, get pregnant then Im sure we can with a 'normal diet'. I personally think it would cause too much stress on the body and mind to try and cut out everything 'bad' rather than just carrying on as normal and just be more relaxed! There are the obvious things like cutting down alcohol, and as I said Im sure there are studies on skimmed milk and sweeteners bla bla but hey thats my view anyway. :haha:

Out of interest I googled it and stumbled accross this on another forum....

"Doesn't it seem odd that the more us lot try our best to toe the line and deny ourselves the small pleasures of life, the more it seems that the drinking/drugging/smoking lot seem to get pg by walking past a random man's underpants??"

This is my point exactly! I might be eating my words in 2 years time if I havent conceived, then I'll be pulling out ALL the stops to provide the healthiest body that ever exsisted to grown a baby in.

Ha! Lottie, you made me laugh. On another note, I consume whole fat dairy all the time not just when ttc. But I see what you are saying about the stress if it all effecting fertility. The first month we were trying, I got so stressed that I messed up my cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->