TTC & Type 2 Diabetes

T

Twinkle_Toes

Hiya

Well as you can see from my ticker me and OH have been trying for nearly a year to ttc, i was diagnosed in 2007 with type 2 and to be honest ive never been able to get a low blood sugar reading even by following a diet and the rest that goes along, now since January this year i was put onto a new drug called liraglutide and told not advised to try having children because they were'nt sure on how a baby would react but to be honest my diabetic nurse told me if it did happen as soon as i knew to get hold of her and they would prescribe me insulin instead, This last 2 weeks iv slowly stopped doing the injections of liraglutide and gone back to taking the metformin twice a day which i feel much better with now i had previously had so much trouble i suffered 2 n a half years with near on constant diarrhoea n sickness but since my diet has changed again in the last few months iv been ok, im just concerned that the diabete's is preventing me from getting pregnant some how! im slowly losing weight aswell and theres plenty of :sex: lol

Is there any other ladies out there that have had or have got this problem?

hi ya i am type 2 aswell and we are trying for a baby i am thinking about doing surragacy as i was a bit worried about carry a baby and being diabetic but i have been reading loads of postive stories which is all good so we wll be trying ivf in january for our little baby !!!! anyway as for eating i allways have low carb everything i buy low carb ceral from a online shop and low carb pasta which is fantastic and dont have sweetners as that takes bloode sugar to high you are better of not having sugar i do the juice masters book diet theres some great stuff in there full of vitamins to help get you pregnant to good luck !!!:thumbup:

Thanks hun, ive also done some research and read positive things but its just these litle things that niggle you lol, i hope your successful with the IVF in january hun hpe you get a :bfp: very soon.x

I was told I have diabetes too also and that it is possiably y I lost my bbys

Hi there! I have type 2 as well. I'm working on getting better control with insulin, but I'm not where I should, trying to concieve. Several of the pregnant ladies I've seen with type 1 and2have used insulin pumps. I know those are crazy expensive, though, so I don't know that I could get one.

hiya, well i got told when i first got diagnosed with type 2 that i shouldnt bother trying for kids and if i was to start that wanted to put me on insulin which would be pointless as it makes you gain weight and they wanted/want me to lose weight already knew all the risks if i did end up pregnant, ive decided to get my bum into gear and lose some weight and go from there really as it just maybe a factor that i am overweight and the diabetes isnt helping.x

I too have Diabetes type 2 and i am currently pregnant. It is very possible to concieve and carry a child. I also was diagnosed with PCOS because of my diabetes throwing off my hormones. I had to lose 30lbs before i got pregnant. I was put on Glumetza 1000mg(an insulin pill) to control my blood sugar as well which actually helped me lose weight.. So keep your head up ladies. Keep your faith!!!! Praying for your BFP's to come soon.

Awww congrats :D

I hope that it is just my weight that is the factor id be very happy if it is just that lol x

Great news, Tasha, thanks! Congratulations, and I hope for you all health and happiness.

Hello ladies! I'm so sorry for bumping the thread. Please share your experience with TTC while having diabetic. Is it somehow risky for a baby?

Hello Petra! Actually yes, but don't worry too soon. High blood sugar around the time of conception increases babies' risk of birth defects, stillbirth, and preterm birth. That's why you should think beforehand and try to lower the blood sugar. When have you been diagnosed? Have you already managed to control your blood sugar level? There are different cases. Some people need meds, my friend have to make injections to lower blood sugar level, she buys trulicity online. Other people can manage the disease with proper nutrition and regular exercise. So I'm sure your doc will guide you through the whole pregnancy.

Last edited:
I was diagnosed last year. I was able to get it under control in six months with metformin, diet and exercise.

I know I fell off lately as I've been eating unhealthy.

I just wanted to say this is interesting because my doctor and Fertility doctor never said anything about difficulty conceiving with diabetes only for me to get under control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->