ttc vits

glitterqueen

Reaction score
Hi
anyone know if it is advisable to up the folic acid to 1mg after a miscarriage, or any other vits to take to build up the body or just go back on the pregacare again. I had read that 1000mg of vit c daily is good for the first 12 weeks of next preg as well but that seems rather high? any thoughts??

Pretty much most pregnancy vits advise are cool to take pre-conception - it is always advisable to start taking asap prior to conception - the longer the better :) hx

Hi, I also had my first mc 3 weeks ago and i started taking folic acid from when i first fount out but after the mc i decided to serch the internet and after the reviews i decided to take pre conception vitamins i know pregnacare do them but when i went to my pharmacy they advised me pregnazone which is pretty much the same thing.
Also i have got my OH pre conception vitamins which are called Wellman Conception.
I am treating my body as if it was still pregnant so no alcohol and not strenous activitys, also gone on the decaff tea bags ,lol, This time i just want to prepare my body as healthy as i can.
Hope this helps
xxxxx

i take the normal 400mcg folic acid and have done since i got my BFP and carried on taken them since i MC in jan i also take 50MG of B6 and 25MG of B12 dont thin k the amount of B12 i'm taking is the right amount but i'm taking it anyway lol and OH is taking folic acid 400mcg and B12 xxx

I'm sorry for your loss hun.

If you've had an unexplained loss it's worth taking extra folic acid in case folic deficiency was a factor in little bean's poorliness. I'm on 5mg due to Ruby's neural tube defect but that's prescription-only. 1-2mg is a slightly higher dose than pre-natals which could really make a difference if your body doesn't absorb the folic easily.

Sorry I can't help about the Vit C x

tried to tanks everyone but won't work for some reason so thanks ladies hope you all get BFP soon xx

I am taking prenatals, 200mg of b6 and acai which is an antioxidant, which I read on the internet is good for ovulation. I've also started drinking grapefruit juice for the eggies as well.

Hi Glitter!

I did a lot of reading on topping up, or adding more folic acid to your regular prenatal vit's - As I understand, it doesn't do any harm because you simply wee out whatever you can't absorb. So...I take just over 1 mg /day total

The Vitamin C is the same - you'll wee out what you can't use. So... I take about 1000 mg. a day.

I also take EPO. If I can hyjack your thread for a moment... What do you ladies know about taking bee pollen?

hope your all doing well! :hugs:

I had read about taking organic honey with a pinch of cinnamon, also bee pollen is good for reproduction but can't remember why! Me-i would give anything a go - it can't do any harm xxx

Sorry for your loss. I have been taking my Folic acid for over a year now. Just keep on taking them I would say.

i know i recently read somewhere that large amounts of vitamin C can actually bring on an AF or cause an early mc. it was when i was panicking because my cycle had gone over 65 days and i was trying to find a way of bringing it on...i got high dose vit C tablets and sure enough 4 days later, af arrived...so i would say be cautious with it, it may have been a fluke, but it scared me enough i'll cut back my vit c intake when we are TTC again.

I have not heard about vit and miscarriage but it can dry out cm. So best if taking extra vit c to not take to much in your fertile period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->