TTC while breastfeeding and not knowing when I ovulate...or even if I am...

Laylagirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone....I hope someone can help me...

I am currently breastfeeding my daughter...she is 15 months now...July 30 I had a period...on September 8, I had another period...that's about 41 days apart...I thought I was ovulating somewhere around August 30, but not sure...that would mean that I have a short luteal phase....
I have some questions....is it possible to become pregnant with an irregular cycle and if I have long cycles does that mean they are infertile cycles? I really want to have another child and I'm depressed not knowing what the heck is going on with my body? Is the breastfeeding causing this irregularity? Is there anything I can do or take to increase my fertility and chances of getting pregnant again? Please help!! Any advice is very much appreciated!

Hi, I am in a similar situation. But to answer your questions. Yes, it is possible to get pregnant with irregular cycles, it may just be more difficult to pinpoint your fertile time of course. Yes, breastfeeding is to blame for the irregularity. I haven't even had one period yet and my son is 12 months. I have heard that vitex and maca are helpful in balancing hormone levels. I started vitex this week so not sure yet how it is working for me. Good luck!

I've conceived twice while BFing. First time prior to return of AF.

I found watching cm is really useful. If I get fertile looking cm I test with opk cheapies until I get a positive or the cm dries up. I'm charting this cycle as I'm now post miscarriage so my body is a little all over the place.

And as above Vitex is meant to be pretty good.

Thank you both! Iam taking vitex and b6. I'm hoping it regulates me...I hope I ovulate soon and can get pregnant again...but I don't know if it's going to happen....I don't know what to expect....I'm really depressed...just venting. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->