TTC Whilst still BFin?

S

strawberry81

Is it possiable to conceive whilst still boobie feeding, my OH and I really want another, we want a close gap, my lil one is just over 6 months, It took months to fall with her, so know it could take a while again, so want to start trying early!!!
But since having her I have had no AF at all, & just wondering what the chances are of falling pregnant whilst still feeding? Do I give up all hope now?

I've heard that you have higher fertility while breast feeding, but I don't know for sure.

Forgot about this thread and this forum lol! But Still nothings working for me! I get told mixed stuff and its frustrating!!

Yes you can, Ive seen many girls on here that got pregnant while bf'ing.

;) :wave:

Yep you can so go produce another lil missus for us all to love an admire :p xxx

You're more fertile after having a baby because your cervix is slightly more open, apparently that's the science behind it. Though they say that you're less likely to get pregnant while breastfeeding but who knows heaps of people get pregnant while breastfeeding. It's because it can take your body longer to menstruate while breastfeeding so if your body is menstruating and you're ovulating it's probably safe to say that you can get pregnant again.

Good luck hun :dust: :dust:

You're more fertile after having a baby because your cervix is slightly more open, apparently that's the science behind it. Though they say that you're less likely to get pregnant while breastfeeding but who knows heaps of people get pregnant while breastfeeding. It's because it can take your body longer to menstruate while breastfeeding so if your body is menstruating and you're ovulating it's probably safe to say that you can get pregnant again.

Good luck hun :dust: :dust:

thanks for this reply, I'm tempted to get some of those opk stick things and just try one a day and see if theres anything going on, I was bad enough as a poas addict with my first with hpts!! I have a feeling this could turn into a worse obsession!! O:)

Na, I got a weird satisfaction getting positives on OPKS!

lol a satisfaction tht your ovulating?!! adds up i guess!! well mine are in the post so hopefully we will find out soooooon xx

I was BFD'ing my daughter for 10mths and never started menstruating again during that time and became pregnant during the 8th month. I never had AF so I had no idea that I ever OV'd or anything. I went to the gyn for a procedure and they happened to do a preg test and it came back pos so then they did a blood test and said I was about 6weeks along....I was totally surprised because I had been told that breastfeeding suppressed ovulation. Anything is possible though.

Well maybe we will ttc together, well not together cause we couldnt do that!!! But at the same time hopefully, but not syncronised as thats wrong aswell!!! You know what i mean!!:winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->