TTC with Clomid after M/C

Fallen Angel

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I've been on and off these boards for the last couple of months whilst on a rollercoaster, much like everyone else in this section I'd imagine.

On 23rd July we lost our baby at approx 5 weeks.

We were waiting for me to get a date to go in for an op to have my tubes checked, but consultant has decided there's no need as "it's quite apparent given I conceived that at least one of my tubes is working" so she has now put me on Clomid.

I'm a little concerned though as I have polycystic ovaries and the leaflet clearly says, take with care if you have PCOS.

Also, she has given me 15 tablets, for three cycles, however, the leaflet clearly says that your ovaries should be checked after ever cycle.

Has anyone else received this approach when trying to conceive.

I'm a tad dis-heartened by the whole experience, out of the whole thing, there's only been 2 nice people I've dealt with, the lady at the fertility clinic the day before we found out we were pregnant and a receptionist at the ward, the rest have been cold and seriously lacking compassion and well, this arrogant consultant I seen on Thursday was so stern, I actually felt like I was in the headmasters office.

Just so want to try for another baby, but at the same time, I'm a tad nervous as the lack of guidance and advice I have received.

hi i'm on clomid too. my doctor help people keep costs down by not having follow up appoitments in person just over the phone unless he really needs to see you. i was given a script for 100mg (or 10 tablets per cycle) with 5 repeats so enough for 6 cycles. i do have cd22 bloods though to check if i ovulate. i think that it is common practice to do minimal monitoring when you're on a low dose. matbe you could ring up and ask for blood tests to check if youu ovulate? I'm here if you need to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->