TTC with OH in the military

Lottielouf

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

We are TTC and my OH is in the military.

We are having issues with my cycles at the moment it seems with my last cycle being over 50 days long!! But also struggling now to time BD around him going away and my O date :brat:

I am on CD 13 and O day should be tomorrow but I haven’t had a positive OPK yet and temps aren’t indicative of O yet either.

We BD on Friday (twice) Saturday and late Sunday night but he’s now had to go away for a week.

Has anyone had experience with this? If we BD 2/3 days before I ovulate are we still in with a chance?

I am incredibly stressed over this because realistically this year there are few widows where he will be here when I’m ovulating and with irregular cycles on top of that I’m losing hope a little :nope:

They do say that the swimmers can live up to 5 days so there is always a chance. Obviously it’s more ideal as close to O as possible but it can still happen for sure.Good luck to you.

They do say that the swimmers can live up to 5 days so there is always a chance. Obviously it’s more ideal as close to O as possible but it can still happen for sure.Good luck to you.
I thought I read somewhere that it was 5 days but I haven’t seen many success stories up to yet but I’ll try to stay positive :dust:

Apparently its up to 5 days and only takes 1 wee swimmer to make it all the way! So fingers crossed for you :)

Hi Lottielouf,

I am in the same position but my partner works FIFO. I have read as well that sperm can survive for up to 5 days. We have been TTC for #2 cycles now. Ive actually decided to start BBT and opks so we can determine when i ovulate to try and work around it.

Wishing you lots of Baby Dust and your :bfp:

Hi Lottielouf,

I am in the same position but my partner works FIFO. I have read as well that sperm can survive for up to 5 days. We have been TTC for #2 cycles now. Ive actually decided to start BBT and opks so we can determine when i ovulate to try and work around it.

Wishing you lots of Baby Dust and your :bfp:
Good luck to you too!

I have been temping and OPKs this cycle too and it seems I haven’t ovulated yet which is frustrating...but I’m really hoping I don’t get my peak OPK til tomorrow which means O should be Friday fingers crossed and we might just be in with a better chance...the joys of OH working away!:brat: Haha

Sending :dust: xx

Good luck to you too!

I have been temping and OPKs this cycle too and it seems I haven’t ovulated yet which is frustrating...but I’m really hoping I don’t get my peak OPK til tomorrow which means O should be Friday fingers crossed and we might just be in with a better chance...the joys of OH working away!:brat: Haha

Sending :dust: xx

Oh right. May I ask how temping works. I understand its after your temps go down consecutively than rise back up that ovulation has occurred? I've actually started temping before AF or expected AF just to get used to it. Hopefully AF arrives and I get my BFP but not sure about that as I tested BFN again this morning. I really hope you are in for a chance... when does he come home?

:dust: to you too!!

Oh right. May I ask how temping works. I understand its after your temps go down consecutively than rise back up that ovulation has occurred? I've actually started temping before AF or expected AF just to get used to it. Hopefully AF arrives and I get my BFP but not sure about that as I tested BFN again this morning. I really hope you are in for a chance... when does he come home?

:dust: to you too!!

this is my first month temping so I’m still getting to grips with it.

I take it at 8am every morning before I get out of bed and from what I can see so far my chart looks pretty textbook with a drop during AF then a gradual rise and then temp spike after O ( which I still haven’t had)

he’s home tomorrow afternoon so I think we have a really good chance since I haven’t had a positive OPK :happydance:

I have a history of long cycles so I’m crossing my fingers that I’m on track this month!

How many DPO are you now?? Fingers crossed for a BFP!xx

My husband is in the military too, it can be hard as he’s always away! Temping could work as mentioned above!

this is my first month temping so I’m still getting to grips with it.

I take it at 8am every morning before I get out of bed and from what I can see so far my chart looks pretty textbook with a drop during AF then a gradual rise and then temp spike after O ( which I still haven’t had)

he’s home tomorrow afternoon so I think we have a really good chance since I haven’t had a positive OPK :happydance:

I have a history of long cycles so I’m crossing my fingers that I’m on track this month!

How many DPO are you now?? Fingers crossed for a BFP!xx

I wish you all the best for this month! I am officially out, I had spotting last night and AF arrived today, right on time. Definitely doing temping and opks next month.

Lots of baby dust to you.. I hope you get your positive opk!

Ah no that’s rubbish :sad1:

Fresh cycle though and hopefully peeing on all the sticks and temping pays off for you :flower:

Ah no that’s rubbish :sad1:

Fresh cycle though and hopefully peeing on all the sticks and temping pays off for you :flower:

Hi, sorry its been a while since ive popped in. How did you go?
Im on a new month. been temping and using opks. Got my peak positive opk before my OH came home. We BD as soon as he returned, i had a positive opk the day after, negative yesterday and we BD today. Temps still havent gone up so im hoping they will rise shortly. Fingers crossed we caught the eggy in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->