Tuberous Hypolasia

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was any other expectant mothers on here who have Tuberous Hypoplasia(tubular breast deformity) I have it. I had an augmentation about a year before my DS was born to correct the malformation(under the muscle) I have heard a lot of stories of women that have this that cannot breastfeed. I had issues breastfeeding with my DS and eventually had to switch to formula after about 6 weeks. I never could produce enough milk, even with trying to pump between feedings to encourage production. DS eventually tore up my nipples trying to feed. I'm going to try again with DD.
I wanted to see if anyone else has this, and if you had issues breastfeeding with a previous baby. Or if there is anyone pregnant with there first that just wants to talk about it and maybe find out more.

I don't have this, but did have a million issues trying to breastfeed DS. Have you spoken to anyone from LLL? Or visited www.kellymom.com? Both amazing resources with just about every answer you're needing. Good luck!! :hugs:

I don't know about your particular problem but if it affects just one side I've heard of numerous women feeding from just one breast. I can also recommend finding yourself a good breastfeeding consultant to help you. Hopefully, that will at least help with your nipples not being torn to pieces this time round :hugs:

Thanks ladies!
I didn't even think of checking with LLL for some reason! I will have to see if anyone has any tips. I worked with a consultant a lot with DS, but nothing ever seemed to work. I did have someone on the breastfeeding board say that she read that women that have this sometimes produce more with their second or third child. Hopefully that's true!
Unfortunately for me, it affects both breasts. It seems to be genetic, I guess. Apparently some of the women on my father's side have similar issues.
I have started to produce colostrum a little already, so hopefully that is a good sign.

Fingers crossed that the producing more story is correct! I think in general, many women find it easier with the second attempt. I suppose some of it is about being more relaxed with a second child.
Hopefully, your nipples will also be a bit tougher so less shredding going on :winkwink:

Ultimately, your baby will be fed one way or another and I think it's great you're going to give bf another go despite all the issues you've faced in the past :thumbup: Good luck with everything!

I'm really hoping it is true. I would love to be able to BF, even if for just a little while. It may have been painful a lot of the time, but I still enjoyed the bonding I had with DS. But I do know that I'm not going to stress as much this time if I can't do it. With DS, it took my mom to convince me that I was not a terrible mother for not being able to BF. If I have to eventually switch to a bottle, I'm ok with it now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->