Tuna

tl682

Reaction score
How many of you are eating tuna?? I want it every day, but I haven't had any, since it's supposed to be on the don't eat foods...

I thought you could have three tins a week, not sure about fresh/steaks.

I have had tinned tuna at least once a week in a sandwich.

Guidance from the UK NHS about fish is as follows:

Don't eat shark, marlin and swordfish, and limit the amount of tuna you eat to:
no more than two tuna steaks a week (about 140g cooked or 170g raw each), or
four medium-sized cans of tuna a week (about 140g when drained)
These types of fish contain high levels of mercury that can damage your baby's developing nervous system. Don't eat more than two portions of oily fish a week. Oily fish includes fresh tuna (but not canned tuna), salmon, mackerel, sardines and trout

:S I though RAW fish/meats were a no no ! when did eating become so confusing.

Ah, where I'm from (US Cali), the guideline for tuna (chunk light) is no more than 6 ounces a week. However, due to my location, I've worried about cesium 137 from the Fukushima fall-out (since a lot of our tuna seems to come from the Pacific)... and have been trying to avoid it altogether.

Nevertheless I think if one does some research they can find a source of tuna that isn't measured to have high levels of contaminants. Healthy tuna can offer so much nourishment, it's so sad to avoid.

I've been having tuna, but I really limit my intake. Before I was having tuna wraps two or three times a week. Now sometimes I only have it once or not at all in a week. Most things are fine in moderation.

I think it's no more than 6oz a week. I believe a regular can is 4oz. I love tuna.

I had fresh tuna last night!

I would have it once a week, or less often, usually the tinned version. I think you'd really have to be putting away a LOT of tuna for it to have any effect.

I eat tuna every now and then. My midwife gave me a paper that said it is okay to have canned light tuna 'no more than 2 meals a week'. :thumbup:

Ah, where I'm from (US Cali), the guideline for tuna (chunk light) is no more than 6 ounces a week. However, due to my location, I've worried about cesium 137 from the Fukushima fall-out (since a lot of our tuna seems to come from the Pacific)... and have been trying to avoid it altogether.

Nevertheless I think if one does some research they can find a source of tuna that isn't measured to have high levels of contaminants. Healthy tuna can offer so much nourishment, it's so sad to avoid.

Is it fresh tuna you are talking about or canned like bumble bee ? I'm in New England (Connecticut) and I only eat bumble bee 2x week.

I think fresh tuna is a no no, but canned is fine:)

Just had two tins of tuna with baked potatoes, tasty! I don't have a list of foods not to eat so I'm just using my own discernment. I don't eat it often, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->