Turkey in the slow cooker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shambaby

hayden's personal chef
Reaction score
Has anyone ever cooked their turkey in a slow cooker? Our oven is tiny and I always struggle to get everything in there, so it would be great if I could free up the space, plus I love being able to just throw stuff in and leave it to cook without faffing with it, which will reduce my kitchen time on Christmas morning! Obviously, I know I won't fit a whole turkey in there, but we generally just have a boneless turkey breast joint anyway. I have found a few recipes on pinterest, but just wondered if anyone has tried it, and how it turned out? Thanks in advance x

My family does. They have an extra large slow cooker that's sized for turkeys. TBH, though, my family suck at cooking turkeys so I'm not sure how to answer your question. LOL. THey don't season it at all, they just throw the stuffed turkey in the cooker with broth, and cook it. So its pretty bland. I'd imagine if you have a good recipe for adding flavor to it, it would be pretty good.

I've never done it with a turkey but have with whole chickens before and it's been quite good. I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as you seasoned it :)

I have done it for the last two years, turns out really nice!!

I have done it for the last two years, turns out really nice!!

Ooh, do you use a recipe? Was wondering about having a trial run, but turkeys are so expensive, would be good to have a tried and tested method x

I've done turkey steaks on a bed of stuffing and a chicken crowns, both were lovely, I'm a slow cooker addict :haha:

This year I'm doing a chicken and a gammon, chicken will go in the oven and gammon in the slow cooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"