Turkey!

RubyLouise

Mum to 2 girls
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can order cooked Turkeys for christmas day from Butchers? Does that kind of service even exsist? If so, how would the meat be warmed?
I know it's too early to discuss this but i have family in so many different places, if i want to Host christmas i need to speak up soon.

I can cook but my oven is'nt big enough

X

Hi, cant help you with the butchers but i have a tiny oven and the turkey gets cooked the night before :flower:

Hi, cant help you with the butchers but i have a tiny oven and the turkey gets cooked the night before :flower:

Is it safe to reheat the next day then? How would i safely reheat? I worry about meat! Lol x

I personally wouldn't reheat, but thats coz Turkey dries out, just chuck loads of gravy on top :)
There must be a way you can do it!

I cook it the day before and whilst dishing up the rest of the food put the turkey in the gravy and put it in the oven. That way it doesn't dry out x

I doubt a Butchers will offer a cooked turkey service, they are usually busy enough as it is over that time period.

Nothing wrong with cooking one day before and chilling it over night.

Don't reheat it - just serve cold and with hot trimmings & gravy it'll go down a treat!

If i cooked the Turkey first and then put in the potatos etc and put the Turkey to one side, would it be ok to put the Turkey back in 45mins after it came out whilst im serving? Or what that make it go dry? X

i would just cook the turkey until its done and then let it rest while you use the oven for the potatoes etc, we do this with most roasts just so the meat can rest

^^ agree, that's what we do for all roasts.. Cook the turkey then bring it out and cover with foil and leave to sit whilst you cook the rest before you carve. It'll still be pretty hot and the rest of the hot dinner and gravy will mean its fine on the plate. Meat is best left to sit for a bit apparently anyway

I usually just put my turkey in the morning i'm up early in the morning anyways with a baby and then it will be done for dinner/supper what ever your eating it for.. turkeys are easier to cook then it looks my first one was not long ago i was pretty surprised at how easy it was aha

Does anyone know if you can order cooked Turkeys for christmas day from Butchers? Does that kind of service even exsist? If so, how would the meat be warmed?
I know it's too early to discuss this but i have family in so many different places, if i want to Host christmas i need to speak up soon.

I can cook but my oven is'nt big enough

X

Our local butcher does this, yes.
I ordered a cooked turkey crown and microwaved it on Christmas day.
Easy peasy :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back