Tutti Bambini - NIGHTMARE!

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
Hi,

Now that we have resolved our issue with Tutti Bambini (and I have calmed down considerably!) I thought I would post details of our experience, it may help someone.

So, we ordered the Katie Sleigh Cot via Tesco Direct and it arrived within 5 days which was pretty good - however, the box had been damaged in delivery, the packaging was ripped and there was a big scratch on the cot :growlmad:

I expected to be able to call Tesco, tell them, and have a replacement sent out and the damaged cot collected........Oh No far too straight forward!

Tesco explained that TB deliver direct so I would have to take it up with them. They logged a callback for me which I should have received within 24 hours. No-one form TB called me. I called tesco again they posted another call back request, again 24 hours. This time I received a call back.

The guy handling my call asked me various questions about the damage (I felt like I was under interrogation!)
'So how big would you say the hole in the box is?'

'And you're sure no-one has moved the box since it was delivered?'

'Didnt anone check the box before signing for it?' - the cot was delivered to my elderly parents house, and the delivery guy carried the box in and rested the damaged side against the wall - naughty

After a few more questions he said he would need me to provide photgraphic evidence of the damage!!?:wacko:

I explained that my parents live several miles away and to ask them to take a photo and them email it was asking the impossible frankly. He would not do anything without the photos so I left work early, drove to my parents house and took some pics which I then emailed.

I received a call the next day to say that he would need me to unpack the cot and try to identify which panel was damaged so that they could send me out a replacement part. Like I a going to unpack the thing, assemble it (all at 7 months pregnant!) disassemble it, repackage it and then let them know which bit to send me?

You can tell that at this point I was beginning to think no-one at Tutti Bambini had any common sense whatsoever! 5 days had now past. I explained that I was not happy to have a spare part sent to me, and I simply wanted what I had paid for - a new cot in perfect condition. I fail to see why they couldnt just collect the damaged cot and bring a replacement!

The following day, I had a call from a supervisor to say they had lost the photographs I had emailed, and could i resend them!?:dohh:
At this point (after going through all emotions including anger, tears etc) I just had to laugh. I knew now that if anything could go wrong with Tutti Bambini - it would. I resent the photos and waited for a call back (another 24 hours).

When I received the callback I was told, that a manager had to approve a replacement as they normally just send out replacement parts, so a manager would be calling me back that day. When I got the 'call form the manager I was told 'yes thats fine a replacement is on its way - hooray!.....or so I thought.

The following day (are you losing track yet?..... 7 days later) I had a call from TB to say that the cot was now out of stock! With all the pregnancy hormones racing around I broke and cried on the phone :cry:
Very embarrassing but I was so fed up of the cot - something that should be an exciting purchase was now a disaster.

I asked for my money back, to which I was told that as the 7 day 'grace' period for returning online purchases had passed I was no longer entitled to a refund!!!!

I demanded to speak to a manager and was told there were none available, so I asked to speak to the most senior person there to which I was told there was only a Director. I said thats fine, and asked to speak to him.

After going over the whole story, he was very apologetic and offered me an upgrade to the Louis Cotbed in white which is the same but larger. Unfortunately we only have a small nursery and it wouldnt fit :nope:

I was asked when my baby was due (mid-march) and told that the next available cot would be delivered mid-march. After explaining that I couldnt leave it that late, that our nursery is complete and all we need is the cot, the Director asked if he could call me back within....yep 24 hours!

He didnt call me back, an advisor did, to tell me that they had 'found' a cot and it would be delivered this week.

It arrived today and the box is not damaged so fingers crossed we are out of the woods!

Sorry its a bit long but I have never experienced such an utter lack of common sense from a large company. Several people I have spoken to since have had bad experiences with TB and to be honest, as lovely as the cot is, it wasn't worth the week and a half from hell!!

In future, I think I will be making all large purchases IN STORE where I can physically see an item, and take it home myself!

Terrible. I don't really place blame on Tesco, although as they company that I paid, and made the transaction through, I do feel they should have acted on my behalf and saved me the hassle!

I'm really sorry you had such an awful experience.. and with such a huge brand too. You'd think they'd be a bit more responsible.

I would've really ripped into someone if they told me the 7 day grace period has passed. You made them aware of the problem BEFORE the grace period passed. I would've threatened to sue their fraudulent asses off.

Hope the new cot is A-okay and your nursery comes out good.

Hope its all worked out now, you wouldn't expect that from tesco or that brand - thanks for letting us know

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->