TW - Do you use fresh or tinned fruit?!

starrybean

Proud Mom of One
Reaction score
As the title really! I'd like to try my lo on peaches etc but you just don't get much when you buy them and puree them. Tinned would be much easier but I've always used fresh (I've been in childcare for 10 years!) so using tins seems alien to me!

I always used fresh until I read on here about tinned fruit......it never occured to me before! :dohh: And when your LO is very fussy with fruit, its much cheaper too :flower:

It makes sense doesn't it I guess! I know that frozen veg is often better than fresh as it gets picked and frozen quickly but I wasn't sure about tinned fruit :wacko:

Have always used fresh, had actually forgotten you could buy frozen fruit!! I agree with you though, I did mango puree and used 4 mangoes and hardly got any cubes for about £5!! Will watch this thread with interest!

Have always used fresh, had actually forgotten you could buy frozen fruit!! I agree with you though, I did mango puree and used 4 mangoes and hardly got any cubes for about £5!! Will watch this thread with interest!

Forget the fruit, your piccy makes me smile everytime! Lol!

Yeh, I did some pears and used a whole bag and didn't get a great deal out of them! I think with pears too they will be a bit sweeter, my apples were sour too! Although, tinned apples might be mushy!

I might try tinned pears and peaches though and see what happens. Ill be picking up tinned prunes as well to help my lo's constipation if water doesn't do the trick!

I bet your LO is a cutie pie too! I have a big picture of my piccy and a couple of similar ones in my hallway and they make me smile!

Tinned prunes....ummmm...yummy lol!!

x

I bet your LO is a cutie pie too! I have a big picture of my piccy and a couple of similar ones in my hallway and they make me smile!

Tinned prunes....ummmm...yummy lol!!

x

Haha, prunes are nasty but if they help.. :haha: I tried prune juice when I was preggers and bleurgghhh... it didn't stay down long! *shudders* Maybe it would be kinder to give her some diluted orange juice?! :blush:

Aww, bet those piccies look fab :D You can never have too many baby pics up! Ive just got ours back from the photographers and they are fab :cloud9:

Ooooh show us a piccy lol!
Have never tried my LO on diluted juice but lots of people swear by it don't they. What about a little warmish water to get things moving?
x

Ooooh show us a piccy lol!
Have never tried my LO on diluted juice but lots of people swear by it don't they. What about a little warmish water to get things moving?
x

I'll have to put one up :thumbup:

Yeh, I tried water today, so we will see if it helps. She took a big sluurp from her tommy tippee cup and then looked as though, what on earth was that?! :haha: Water used to help when she was tiny and on SMA which used to bung her up :dohh:

I left out porrige and baby rice today so we will see if that makes a difference!

I use canned or frozen fruit and veg as long as there's nothing added (salt, sugar, aspartame, sucralose, etc). As long as the ingredients are just the fruit/veg and either water or fruit juice, and sometimes there's ascorbic acid I'll buy it. Fresh loses it's vitamins so quickly and since canned and frozen are processed within 24 hours of being picked they have more nutrients.

The other day i cooked up some apples and added some tinned peaches before pureeing and he loved it

Lol - I did the same with peaches and was shocked at how little I ended up with!

Never even thought of tinned - peeled and everything, might be worth a try!

I really like the fruit pots by Organix etc. Haven't used any other ready made baby food really yet but the fruit pots are so handy and varied and great value and they are 100% fruit.

I use tins sometimes. Pureed tinned mango is delish and i can hide a few prunes in it without LO knowing:winkwink: To help with the bowels:blush:

Heehee, thanks lovely ladies :) I bought some tinned pears, peaches and prunes today! Will let you know how it goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->