TW- what did your LO eat today?

Great thread - getting some good ideas!

Today Holly (6 and a half months) had:

Breakfast: Banana Porridge (this seems popular!)
Lunch: Veggie mix puree, Rice pudding, 1 strawberry (in quarters), 2 slices banana
Dinner: Sweet veggie puree, blackcurrant yoghurt

I like the sound of raspberry and blueberry rice cakes - where are they from? :winkwink:

They're Organix - you can get them from supermarkets or Boots. x

Lunch: Veggie mix puree, Rice pudding, 1 strawberry (in quarters), 2 slices banana

I like the sound of raspberry and blueberry rice cakes - where are they from? :winkwink:

Omar loves the ones with apples :thumbup:

Omar loves the ones with apples :thumbup:

Chloe loves the apple ones too :D

Omar had 7 grains cereals for breakfast today & couscous with zucchini & yoghurt for lunch. I think he'll have custard with 1/2 banana for dinner.

Couscous! Why have I never thought to give her that. Thanks :thumbup:

Breakfast - porridge with apple & peach, half a piece of toast with apple & peach puree

Lunch - sweet potato, carrot & courgette (and a little taste of my friends croissant with jam!)

Dinner will be chicken casserole

Necterine with baby rice is the favourite food at the minute, so she had that for breakfast, and I think it'll be sweet potato for tea, with lots of milk feeds inbetween.

Andrew has had:

8am - 1/2 weetabix with formula; milk feed

11:30am - milk feed

3pm - 2 cubes pasta bolognaise, 1 cube baby tomato sauce, 1 cube broccoli; peach fromage frais; milk feed

6:30pm - bedtime milk feed

Today Erin had Banana and apple porridge for brekkie, (2 spoons nixed with water) and then for lunch a 1oz pot of carrot puree.
We haven't added any more meals yet, but reading what some of you guys are feeding your LO's I'm starting to think I should be giving her more, but we've only been weaning her for 2 weeks:shrug:

Today Erin had Banana and apple porridge for brekkie, (2 spoons nixed with water) and then for lunch a 1oz pot of carrot puree.
We haven't added any more meals yet, but reading what some of you guys are feeding your LO's I'm starting to think I should be giving her more, but we've only been weaning her for 2 weeks:shrug:

I think u'r doing great. It's better to keep it slow. Mine didnt go on 3 meals before he was 6.5 mnths & we started weaning at wk 20. He still skips dinner some days (like today, he wasnt hungry).

My LO had porridge with apricots and pear in for breakfast, a tub of apple and pear around 11am. For lunch he had salmon,veggies and cheesy mash. And for tea he had a jar of chicken,apple and rice. :)

- Breakfast: 1/2 weetabix with mangoes & formula
- Lunch: Boiled chicken with rice
- Dinner: (if he takes it) : 1/2 banana with fruit yoghurt

Chloe has been a little eater today,

Breakfast - Banana flavored porridg

Snack - small piece of banana

Lunch - Spaghetti Bolognese and I gave her some more banana and a baby biscuit

Tea - half a fromage - peah

breakfast: yoghurt with blueberries and raspberries

lunch: 2 cubes of parsnip and carrot puree followed by one cube of apple puree.

1 apple rice cake

1 finger of avocado

Michael only has one meal a day... today he had vegetable stew! (carrots, potatoes, squash, asparagus, parsnip and onion).

I was really please with myself because I made it from scratch and it's the first time he's had anything to eat that wasn't out of a jar.

Today Erin had poridge with mashed banana in for brekkie, then sweet potato and brocoli puree for lunch. She managed about 10 spoons of this.
I think I might introduce a third meal around teatime tomorrow, as we're into week 3:thumbup:

Lola has been a greedy little piggy today :D

Breakfast - porridge with apple, peach & apricot, half a slice of toast
Lunch - sweet potato, carrot & courgette puree, a little bit of chocolate pudding (but sssshhhh)
Snack - a finger of melon (didn't get eaten, just sucked to death :haha:)
Dinner - cod, potato & swede followed by apple & blueberry puree

Today we managed to get back up to 3 meals :happydance:

Breakfast - 1/2 weetabix with formula; milk feed
Lunch - banana porridge; milk feed
Tea - 1 cube each of mince beef, potato, cauliflower, spinach, & tomato sauce. He loved it! Plus a milk feed
Bedtime - milk feed

I know that I should probably drop the middle two milk feeds and give him water instead, and perhaps give a milk feed between (early afternoon), but this would cause problems with our routine as between lunch & dinner is our timeslot for going out and doing things!

But that may only be convention - are we meant to drop milk feeds for any particular reason, or is it just to get them used to getting most calories from solids? Because getting enough calories is a problem with Andrew, and his milk is super-high-calorie formula, it's probably better than any solids I can give him. I should probably try and catch the HV to ask this, as there is no sign of a dietician's appt coming through yet.

Today we managed to get back up to 3 meals :happydance:

Breakfast - 1/2 weetabix with formula; milk feed
Lunch - banana porridge; milk feed
Tea - 1 cube each of mince beef, potato, cauliflower, spinach, & tomato sauce. He loved it! Plus a milk feed
Bedtime - milk feed

I know that I should probably drop the middle two milk feeds and give him water instead, and perhaps give a milk feed between (early afternoon), but this would cause problems with our routine as between lunch & dinner is our timeslot for going out and doing things!

But that may only be convention - are we meant to drop milk feeds for any particular reason, or is it just to get them used to getting most calories from solids? Because getting enough calories is a problem with Andrew, and his milk is super-high-calorie formula, it's probably better than any solids I can give him. I should probably try and catch the HV to ask this, as there is no sign of a dietician's appt coming through yet.

Mine is a big baby & I'm not planning to drop any of his milk feeds before he's one, then we'll switch to cow milk & see how it goes. They get most calories frm formula/BM. He takes 3-4 bottles & it varies between 15-21 oz depending on his apetite. He's not a big eater, & I dont want to change anything in his feeding routine until he's 1 yr.

I think I'm with you on this, I won't actively decide to drop milk feeds, I'll just let them tail off as he eats more solids.

Today: 7.30 - 1/2 weetabix with formula; milk feed
11:30 - just a milk feed as we had a visitor just before, it was too much faff
3:30 - cubes of chicken (first time!), potato, cauli & carrot; strawb fromage frais; milk feed
6:00 - milk feed for bedtime

I have to say the chicken went down well, but didn't half pong at the other end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->