Twenty Week Scan tomorrow. Do I need a full bladder.

mine was 'comfortably full' - so not bursting... she took some measurements and then sent me to empty it... then about 15 min later she asked if I needed to go to the washroom again because it looked full - so it apparently doesn't take much to have a full bladder!

I just had mine last Friday. I drank the water and felt like I was going to pee myself when I got there. I asked of I had to hold it and the tech confirmed it was for a 20 week scan and said you I did not need to hold it. She was my favorite person at the time lol. I ran to the bathroom and it fears so relieving! I am glad I didn't have to hold it because I think I would have peed in my pants as soon as she pressed on my stomach. By the way my scan was so amazing! So neat to see how much baby has grown in just a month! Good luck with everything!

on my 20 week scan i emptied before going in , receptionist said it was fine, however i am plus size, size 18/20, and she we had to go back for a re scan two week later
this time i went with full bladder and it was all so much clearer i dont know if it was cos he had grown in the time but in the first my husband and i cudnt really make out very much this time it was all so much clearer and the scan pics were much better too

I thought i had to have a full bladder so when with one and got told off by the sonographer!

Apparently you dont need one and it distorts the image they get so she did some of the measurements then made me go for a wee and come back so she could get the rest.

I didn't with my other two but this time I went n the baby was right in my pelvis so couldn't get any measurements, she said next week when I go back iv got to drink more like a large glass of juice on the way that way bladder should be full and the juice should make baby active! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->