Twilight, the host... what should i read next?

kate.m.

Mummy to Travis
Reaction score
Just finished reading "the host" and athough it wasnt as good as twilight, i got totally lost in it & really enjoyed it! What other books would you recommend to someone in the mood for more of this genre?? (I usually go for proper girly books, or real-life based historical tales, but am loving this genre at the mo!) :flower:

I love the host, i have read it abbout 3 times.
Theres always the short second life of bree tanner (or somthing like that) as a short read.
If you like those though I recomend either the sockie stackhouse novels (what the tv show true blood is based on) or there is 3 books by Lauren kate called fallen, torment and passion that are realy good (same sort of storyline as twilight but with angels)
Or if you wait a while the sequal to host is being written and they are making host into a film :)

I love the host, i have read it abbout 3 times.
Theres always the short second life of bree tanner (or somthing like that) as a short read.
If you like those though I recomend either the sockie stackhouse novels (what the tv show true blood is based on) or there is 3 books by Lauren kate called fallen, torment and passion that are realy good (same sort of storyline as twilight but with angels)
Or if you wait a while the sequal to host is being written and they are making host into a film :)

ooh, thanks! i'll have to have a browse on amazon me-thinks!

Ive read the Bree Tanner one, also enjoyed that, was a shame it was such a short book! Ive watched true blood, but i didnt even realise it was based on book, so will look out for them.

how on earth can they make the host into a film??? about 90% of the dialogue in the book is inside her head!!?! I would love to see it as a film, just so that other people get to enjoy it if they cant find time to read it... but theyre never gonna b able to do it any justice!

I literally finished it last night, and was wondering if that was the end or if she was gonna write another one, it ends where it can kinda go either way! I'll b looking forward to it! :thumbup:

i bought THE HOST after reading twilight - i got about 20 pages in and gave up, i thought it was crap

I recommend - the house of night series
https://www.houseofnightseries.com/

I have all the books apart from the last one as i was waiting for it to come out

In all fairness there are very few books you can appreciate or get into after 20 pages

i bought THE HOST after reading twilight - i got about 20 pages in and gave up, i thought it was crap

I recommend - the house of night series
https://www.houseofnightseries.com/

I have all the books apart from the last one as i was waiting for it to come out

:haha: just returned from my friend's house, n she said exactly the same thing about the host! I think ive persuaded her to give it another go tho. It doesnt grab you straight away like twilight does, but eventually i got really into it & couldnt put it down!

I was telling this friend about the convo on here & recommended books u ladies have suggested: she disappeared upstairs & came back down with "fallen!" She hasnt read that one either, but at least i now have a good book for on hol!

I still av it so I might give it another go! ...

Who's fallen by?

I still av it so I might give it another go! ...

Who's fallen by?

Lauren kate, see I said to try Fallen :)
I just got the third one Passion that ill read after I have finished dances with dragons

I love all them too.. urm.. maybe try 'the hunger games' series? its 3 books in total.

I actually found The Host to better than Twilight. Another very go read is The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. The House of Night series is good to read. I really enjoyed reading that series.

The Hunger games! Way awesome and they're coming out with a movie soon.

I read the first 3 true blood/ Sookie Stackhouse novels on holiday & now im on number 4. Was reading it in work today on my lunch break: had to put it away coz i felt embarrassed!! it was getting really graphic & i was worried sum1 might look over my shoulder n see what i was reading! lol! Deffo a good read tho!

Just stumbled upon this thread-can't believe no one's suggested the vampire diaries books. They're not as good as the TV series IMO, but they're worth a read :)

I've borrowed the first true blood book and I can't get into it. I've read about 60 pages and I'm still not feeling it.

Morganville vampires, Chicagoland vampires, Anita Blake, true blood, house of night( although these are a bit young I think) vampire academy.

Bloodlines by richelle mead, but best to read the vampire academy series first, halo series by alexandra adornetto, starcrossed by josephine angelini, the mortal intruments series by cassandra clare (my favorite series ever) and the iron fey series by julie kawaga.

these are a few of good book series in that genre off the top of my head I have loads more than these ones lol xx

morganville vampires is good. I found them in the works in the 3 for £5 bit. never thought in a million years they would be good. But i havnt been able to put them down. i have tried to read the host several times and never gotten into it and juts give up :(

new addiction: "need" series by carrie jones. A friend bought the 1st one from the works n loaned it to me: was so good i had to buy the other 2 off amazon (quite cheaply! yey) its kinda like twilight but with pixies (evil pixies). It annoyed me at 1st because it was too much like twilight:
in the 1st chapter u find that she used to live somewhere sunny with her mum, now shes moving to a snowy place with another family member. when she arrives there, shes got a car waiting for her. when she gets to school a hot yet brooding boy in a nice car (mini) pisses her off n gets in her way) n then a love triangle appears!!! BUT once u get through that annoying 1st copy-cat chapter, the rest is good! Am currently on the 3rd one & cant wait to finish it!
then i'll b finishing true blood: seeing as DH bought me the 10 book box set for christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->