Twin Pregnancy or Haematoma-confused

Samantha1989

Reaction score
Good Evening Ladies,

In a nutshell I'm after some opinions/personal experiences.

I'm currently 13 weeks pregnant and have my dating scan on Monday 15th Dec (13+6) which should confirm my situation.

I had a + home test 2 days before AF was due...great. 1 week later I had a bleed and went to get checked as I had a mc a couple of months prior. The consultant suggested implantation bleeding although this wouldn't correspond with + home tests 1 week prior (obv as urine only detects hormone after implantation). After monitoring my beta HCG I had an early scan at 7+1 which apparently showed a singleton and also a haematoma (no mention of multiple at this point). Since then I have been admitted to hospital 4 times with hyperemesis and already in maternity clothes, when I was this size with my first I was 20+ weeks. People cannot believe I am only 13+1.

So my question is, is it possible that the bleed that led me to hospital initially was implant bleeding but from a second fertilisation...if implantaion was later with the 2nd one then it would make sense why it could appear as a haematoma.

I have tried to attach the 7 week scan photo for you to have a look at as to me there is definately a shaddow of sorts inside of the 'haematoma'.

My scan seems so far away :(

Thanks Ladies
Sam xx
141823452553342437331.jpg

The hematoma is a pool of blood and clots, so it would have shadows in thre black area.. It definitely can look like twins, until you look closely, mine did today as the hematoma was similar size and shape to the baby's sac! X

Interestingly, my consultant told me that my hematoma may have been a result of a twin pregnancy which is very common. However since researching it, I never found anything on this theory.

I don't think a tech would confuse a hematoma with a developing pregnancy. As for the hyperemesis, I don't think that can be used to determine single or twin pregnancy. Too many women have it with singleton pregnancies. If your progesterone is really really high, you could be experiencing a ton of bloat too. I was in maternity jeans around 12 weeks but it was bc of bloat. Obviously you know your body and I don't so this may not fit for you; just throwing out some ideas. GL with you scan on Monday.

If it were a twin pregnancy they would have had similar size babies inside and the sacs would be similar size too. Here is my twin sacs from 9 weeks (both had babies in but you can't see them in this image due to position but they were 4 days difference in size at this time but still very clear when they investigate each sac.)

But saying that what tubs said - My friend was diagnosed with a haematoma and it was indeed a failed twin pregnancy upon further investigation.

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/IMG-20140707-WA0000-1_zps4ab50ad9.jpg

Not clue! I'm having twins (10wks) and both were clear at 6wks 5days. Intrigued to know though!!

Ah thanks a million!

I think I always look too far into things and just being a bit greedy I think. It was interesting to get other people's opinions and I can definately see a clear difference in scan photos. Thanks again

If this helps, here's a pic showing both part of my hematoma (smaller black shape) and part the sac, in the same view, last Thursday. X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back