Twin stopped growing - Heartbroken

happyface82

Reaction score
Title says it all really. I was pregnant with twins after undergoing IVF. We were over the moon as it was the only blastocysts we had. Don't know if we'll be able to fall again.

Saw both heartbeats at 7 weeks, thought chances were on our side. Went in today at 10+4 and one of the twins stopped growing at 8 weeks. Seeing it on the screen was devastating. I'm feeling so guilty as we are not celebrating the other one but instead I'm grieving. Not sure how to feel.

Measured 11+4 today so was told to go back next week for the 12 week scan and a CVS to check the other baby. Really worried about the procedure and the outcome.

Feeling a bit lost. Thank you for reading.

I’m so sorry. I hope the CVS goes well for you. My pregnancy started as a twin pregnancy as there was two sacs but one didn’t develop. My doctor said it’s so common but by the time people have their 12 week scan the loss has been reabsorbed. Praying that you get some comfort from your results. It must be so hard to know how to feel. I can’t imagine seeing both hbs and have one taken away :hugs:

Oh no I’m so sorry lovely.
Praying the other one will keep thriving.
I’m sure it will.
But it’s so sad one has become a angel.
Sending so much love and hugs <3

Thank you so much everyone. I’m just praying the other one is ok. Can’t wait to have the CVS done and make sure all is ok.

I'm so sorry to hear about your difficult situation. It's completely understandable to feel a mix of emotions after losing one of your twin fetuses. Grief, guilt, and worry are all common and normal feelings during this difficult time. But staying positive is also crucial in pregnancy. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->