Twins and round ligament pains???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Nicky1982, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Nicky1982

Nicky1982 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,

I'm 16 weeks and 2 days with non fraternal twins and I am suffering (Probably should add that this is my/our first pregnancy)!!!! My belly is so so so painful I feel like I have ripped my stomach muscles. It's particularly bad right above my pubic bone where my abs are so tight from the babies growing. I feel like my belly is saying "No, I won't let you grow anymore!" It feels like my muscles are fighting to let their shape go.

I have always been sporty and have very strong abs. I started at 26" and now I'm at 38" so I have grown quite a bit.

Is anyone else going through this because I'm really uncomfortable. I had to have a day off today because I was up most of the night from being uncomfortable.

Also I find it uncomfortable to bend forward or sit up straight, is it just because there is now two babies in the way growing, I expected this but not until later on...

Please help! I'm so tired and frustrated!

Nicky:coffee:

2. xloulabellex

xloulabellex Mummy to 2 beautiful boys

Didn't want to read-and-run, but I hope you get this sorted <3

I struggle/uncomfortable bending down or getting up etc already, with only ONE baby.. I guess some people start this stage a hell alot' earlier than others.

Maybe hot baths and stuff to relax your muscles will help? xxx

3. Onemoretime5

Onemoretime5 Mother of 6 and loving it

Hi I know how you are feeling, it should get better but there will always be periods where it will really hurt, I have good days and bad ones. You will eventually get used to it. Congratulations on your twins :)

4. Nicky1982

Nicky1982 Well-Known Member

It feels good to know that I'm not alone! I am really enjoying having a bump and I don't want to sound unappreciative because I know so many people struggle to concieve etc but I'm so frustrated! I don't want to start relying on paracetamol so might try a hot water bottle tonight as the baths ease it for a bit (well at least until I get to sleep).

Thanks for replying ladies! Never been on forums beofre and felt nervous no one would reply hee hee :blush: