Twins born 5 years apart

EllaAndLyla

Earth and Angel mummy!
Reaction score
Very cute story and very cute kiddies too :) thought I'd share as it is unusual

https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/twins-born-five-years-apart.html

Its sweet but they aren't twins lol. Twins are the result of one pregnancy not embryo's lol..

I would have just thought they were brother and sister rather than twins :haha: Still a nice story though xx

Thats what I thought too but then the embryo's were created at the same time so technically they would have been twins lol x

But lots of people freeze their embryo's. If thats the case you could say nearly all babies start off as twins because not every embryo makes it.

i agree they arent twins they are brother and sister x

If the egg had split (like it does for identical twins) and then frozen and then implanted and conceived, that would have been twins. However identical twins use the same placenta and sack and would never survive without that and wouldn't ever survive being split like that.

Non-identical twins are when two eggs are impregnated at the same time. Although the eggs come from the same 'batch' they weren't conceived at the same time (taken and impregnanted at a later date) and therefore they aren't twins, they didn't grow in the womb together.

I think they are just your plain and simple brother and sister.

beautiful children but i also agree they are just siblings not twins x

I had IVF and have 3 frozen embryos from the same cycle that Mini Bean is from. They were all conceived at the same time but I don't consider them to be twins. If I have another baby using one of those embryos then I will see him/her as a sibling, not a twin.

Yes, the fact that they were fertilised at the same time is a crazy concept to get your head around but it doesn't make them twins. Now my friend who had 2 embryos transferred and both implanted is expecting twins.

But lots of people freeze their embryo's. If thats the case you could say nearly all babies start off as twins because not every embryo makes it.

That's exactly what I thought, it's not uncommon or rare at all, people freeze their embies and use them years later all the time :wacko: Sounds like this couple just wants to feel special :lol:

I don't understand why this story made the news. Surely thousands of people do this every year??? Am i missing something?

I have twins but 11 frozen embryos. If I have any more children from those embryos, it doesn't mean I'll have triplets or quadruplets!! How ridiculous. Who even wrote that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->