TWINS did you just "know" before your found out?

flipporama1

Reaction score
Ok so i have a weird feeling about this pregnancy. Could just be the different symptoms that I'm getting, Idk. And that can be related to a number of factors, i know. A lil background: this is my 4th pregnancy, I'm 32, OH is 52. OH is a twin, my younger brother has twins, my cousin on my mom's side has twins. My great aunt had twins on my mom's side.
Did you just know or have a feeling that it was twins before you found out? I'm having dreams about it and my symptoms are really exaggerated this time around...

I didn't have a clue, was down with ms like any other person stuck with its horridness. Actually I had friends worse than me so went with it. Anyway went in a week early at 5wks b/c I couldn't hold down food. They did a scan just to check and there were 2 yolks just hanging out. That was a shock. No twins in fam that we know of.

Hmm... can they tell if they're identical or fraternal at this point? I feel different this time. But the last time I was pregnant was 8 years ago so Idk. Maybe it's a little more uncomfortable because I'm 32 now, not 24 lol

Hmm... can they tell if they're identical or fraternal at this point? I feel different this time. But the last time I was pregnant was 8 years ago so Idk. Maybe it's a little more uncomfortable because I'm 32 now, not 24 lol

This is possible. My second pregnancy was so different than my first, it was also harder. 12 years inbetween.

Yes they told me at 8week scan that they are mo/di identical. Hope it all works out for you!

Hiya, I suspected I was having twins because of worse symptoms and my size -just kept saying 'this is not normal!' to oh. Wasn't surprised when at the first scan there were two of everything!
Just wanted to say it isn't always possible to say if identical or not from scans or even at birth (unless they share a lot, in which case they're from one egg). We when they were born we were told that they wouldn't be identical. I was sure they were so we had their dna tested and sure enough they're from one egg. They would have had to have split in first few days, which is quite rare :twingirls:

I just knew... but it had nothing to do with symtoms, you wouldn't have now i was pregnant in first tri. I tried to prepare DH that there was two in there but he was adamant there was only one... proved him very Wrong at the 9 week scan! lol

I had no idea, I had an early scan due to bleeding. My symptoms started at 6weeks and so far my life has been very hard, hoping hormones, fatigue etc settle down very soon lol

No twins in my family, I will find out in 3 weeks what type they are. Which then will determine whether ill be getting scans every 2 or 4 weeks through the pregnancy. Either way will be lovely to check in on the regularly.

I just have a weird/different feeling this time around. Tons of crazy dreams, I'm very very irritable, very picky with food and i just feel like something is different... could be any number of factors though. I'll find out March 17th when I get my first US ☺

I do this to myself every pregnancy. LOL But my mother is a fraternal twin, so I'm always justifying it saying that I have a higher chance of releasing two eggs because of that. At least two of her cousins (all through maternal links) had twins too. We thought #3 was a twin. I was measuring about 5w ahead with him, and we heard what we thought was second heartbeat with him, but it was just echoing through his heart valves or something making an echo. We thought #5 was too since I had morning sickness for the first time. But nope. Though we both wonder if maybe there wasn't a vanished twin. Her pregnancy was just SO different in the first trimester than my others.

I have morning sickness this time too. And I am measuring quite a bit ahead already. My uterus has been up out of my pubic cavity for a few weeks and it's about where it should be around 16 weeks. We heard the heartbeat on our doppler at home at 8 or 9 weeks and we heard it in two spots about 4" apart. And we went rapidly back and forth and kept hearing both. Then we had no luck for a few weeks, and last night we heard "two" again. We'll see. I am only planning one ultrasound sometime after 15 weeks.

Yes, I had a very strong feelings it was twins before I even had HCG done. When my HCG was triple what it should be they sent me for a scan, and sure enough there were two heartbeats!

I want twins so badly! I just am in love with the idea of having two together, and love the bond you always see between twins. Plus, 2 babies at once means less pregnancies of course! Gah, but no twins in the family. Only 4 weeks to wait for an ultrasound. WE dont get early US or HCG measured in the UK in first tri.

I want twins so badly! I just am in love with the idea of having two together, and love the bond you always see between twins. Plus, 2 babies at once means less pregnancies of course! Gah, but no twins in the family. Only 4 weeks to wait for an ultrasound. WE dont get early US or HCG measured in the UK in first tri.

There's no twins in my family at all, and I wasn't on any fertility meds. My ovary just decided it was time to party.

See, i was taking a high dose of vitex which can cause you to release more than one egg. I wasn't ovulating at all and on vitex i was getting 6 or more very positive opks each cycle and felt ovulation happening. I also got my first Bfp at 7dpo and a positive digital at 9dpo. With a lot of symptoms starting at 5dpo. So, who knows!

Flip, are you getting hcg done? Mine are in my journal if you're curious. They are 2 or more times higher than singleton levels. I also had my positive digital at 9dpo. My only real twin symptom is that I have already popped and am visibly pregnant to strangers. I'm already getting people looking down at my belly with that little smile when they pass me at the store.

I had no idea. I went in for bleeding at 8wk and there were 2 babies....

Flip, are you getting hcg done? Mine are in my journal if you're curious. They are 2 or more times higher than singleton levels. I also had my positive digital at 9dpo. My only real twin symptom is that I have already popped and am visibly pregnant to strangers. I'm already getting people looking down at my belly with that little smile when they pass me at the store.
No hcg tests because you have to have a good reason for one here. I've never had a problem with any of my pregnancies and this is #4. I've just had much more intense symptoms and i already can feel the top of my uterus, barely above my pubic bone. I trained to be a doula years ago so i know a bit about my anatomy lol. Dh says it looks like i have a lil something poking out too. I see it also...

I think there's a good chance then, especially with the tests reading positive so early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->