Twins, one sac is smaller.

mamaoftwins

Reaction score
I just went in for my 1st ultrasound today, i am 8 weeks. I found out I am having twins, one measures 7 weeks 6 days, one measures 7 weeks 3 days, and one sac is smaller and baby a's heart rate was 159, baby b's was 114. Is that low? The nurses acted like something was wrong. I am wondering if anyone else went thru this and had healthy twins, or lost one, or both? I can't help but to worry. I go for 2nd ultra sound in 2 weeks.

I wouldn't worry too much about the sac difference. 3 days isn't abnormal. They could have been conceived, or implanted within about 5 days of each other. The heart rate for baby b does seem kind of low, but I don't know a whole lot about fetal heart rates at 8 weeks. Try to stay away from google, and not stress until your next ultrasound. Chances are, everything will be fine. :hugs:

I don't have any advice, but I recently read a thread where her baby's heart rate was 89 and everything turned out fine. Like pp said, STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE!!!

My best friend's baby had a hb of 91 when she was 8 weeks and he is a happy, healthy 5 month old now!

Hi, I only have a singleton pregnancy but at 7+3 my little beans heart rate was only 80! I went again last week and the baby has had perfect growth and heartbeat now 130ish. My OB isn't worried! I scared myself silly reading things on the internet but honestly not every baby is 'textbook'!
:flower:

go to the twins, triplets & multiplets forum here and you'll see that most of the women had differences between the sacs and HB, lots of them even a week or two difference.

if they implanted with several days of delay it's totally normal, plus it's waaaayyyy too early for the ultrasound machines and technicians to be 100% safe and not commit errors, they are very very often off by a week.

if you ain't cramping, bleeding or having other symptoms, i really wouldn't worry!!

congrats on your twinners!!

I carried twins. Tenant a had a very large sac whilst twin b was very small. No problems throughout. No baby measures the exact and I found carrying twins the babies never measured the same. At one point twin a measured 5 days in front. At the end twin b was ahead by 2 days.

Thanks guys! This is my first pregnancy so its scary. But no bleeding or anything so hopefully everything is fine.

at my 9+1 week scan i had one measuring 9+3 ad the other 8+6, the littler one was a bugger to measure as it was lying sideways (and still is!) i listened to the heart beats but they never gave me a bpm for them. At the 12+4 weeks scan they were both measure a week ahead and growing like weeds at 13+4 and 13+2 which meant little one was now only 2 days difference... but again still laying sideways (front to back!) and being a bugger! both now have heart rates of consistently 150pbm and 156bpm :) Hope everything turns out just fine for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->