• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Two blighted ovums back to back?

beneathmywing

Reaction score
Hi, Girls

I had a BO back in April and just got diagnosed with one again today. Absolutely gutted. What are the odds of two blighted ovums back to back and why did it happen to me? My scan today was at 6w3d and the sac was tiny.. also my beta is only 500 something today so clearly not viable.

I had a bad experience post-D&C last BO so my doctor wants to do it naturally this time and avoid a D&C, if possible, even though this terrifies me.. hopefully since the sac is tiny and beta is pretty low it'll happen fast and not be so painful. :cry:

I have no idea of the odd of two BO in a row, I had one in April and had a natural MC, the natural mc was not scary, I bled, and it hurt, but the pain was manageable. The cramps geared up until I passed the sac and then the bleeding and pain eased up. A follow up scan after you think you have passed it all is highly recommended.

I'm sorry about your loss, my first cycle after the BO I got a BFP but it was a chemical pregnancy and I also wondered about the odds of that happening. At this point my Dr told me its just really shitty luck.

Take care

You know, when I had my blighted ovum back in November the doctor told me it most likely will never happen again and my next pregnancy will go without a hitch, but I just had another MC at 5 weeks (I suppose it's a chemical pregnancy, though I hate the term), so my thoughts on the chances of it happening again are not the same as these doctors seem to think. It isn't as if I didn't give myself time to heal either as that was 9 months ago so I know that isn't it.
For what it's worth, I had the cytotec and had the miscarriage at home, and it was pretty manageable. There was pain of course but nothing I couldn't handle. Please take care, so sorry you are going through this.

agree, Mrs White, I hate the term chemical pregnancy too, I was 5.5 weeks when I started bleeding and the technical term just seems so harsh, like its lesser than other types of mc, when the truth is a loss is a loss, they all hurt.

Oh beneath, I'm so so sorry to read this. I had a medically managed miscarriage at home at 12 weeks and it was fine. It was painful with cramps and I took the painkillers they gave me, had a hot bath and went to bed with a hot water bottle.

Take care of yourself sweetie, sending hugs. Here if you ever want to talk.

I don't know how painful it is having the medical management. But I am hoping to do it as I had the same outcome yesterday at our scan too.

Sending you hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->