Two middle names?

MrsArcher

Reaction score
I know very few people with 2, but I like the idea.
We plan on giving our daughter 2 middles names if we have a girl.
Thoughts?

I personally don't see a point in it, seeing as you only list one middle initial on forms, etc. and the 2nd middle name would probably never/rarely be used. I do know many people on here are going through with this trend, though. To each's own :)

I also don't think it's very common in the US vs the UK.

My hubby has two, gets on his nerves with documents etc.

We didn't give our son any x

I dont see the point of 2 really but it seems lazy to not have any (it offers the child a choice in their future which is very important)

at the end of the day its up to you, its not so rare people will overreact or anything

I think theres nothing wrong with it, I don't think there needs to be a point in it. Completely personal decision!
:shrug:

We are having 2. None of brothers and sisters have used my parents names with their kids and with my daughter we used my husband's mother name as she is passed. This is grandchild number 9 and the last (unless we have an accident in the 6 months until my hubby gets the snip) so I am desperate to use their names whilst I can. So her middle names will be Barbara Peta. Couldn't be happier.

my OH has 2 and the second one isn't really used, although out boy will have two:)

Both of my babies have two middle names as I've always thought it was a nice idea and could be a tradition we started ourselves. For the rare occasion we/they will fill in forms I think its worth it, what's a few extra boxes to fill in?

I dont think there has to be a point either..
My OH has 2 middle names, and when filling out forms he uses the initials of BOTH his middle names. I am going to give my baby a number of middle names, not sure how many yet :)

I have two middle names. It used to bother me, but now, it makes me feel unique.

I don't really see it being a big deal one way or another.

Meaning if you choose 2 great...if you choose 1 great.

People don't normally know each others middle names anyways. Rarely are people even addressed as Susan Jane Smith - she would more likely just get Susie Smith.

Each to their own... there needs to be no point. My brother has 3!

Thanks everyone!
We want to name our daughter after my Hubs' grandmother who passed away this year. That's our 'point' in having two, haha.
My youngest sister has two, and I've always liked it anyway. I guess it does come down to our choice, I just don't want our baby to end up hating it!

My brother and I both have 2 middle names. My parents each chose their favourite name and chose one for our first name, and one for a first middle name, and then my brother has my dad's name as his second middle name, and I have my mum's name as my second middle name. I've always loved it :)

My son has my OH's name as his second middle name. It's just a nice thing, no specific point. I probably won't use my first name as one of my daughter's just because it's long and we have a long surname, but I'll almost certainly use my mum's name as her second middle name, to keep the tradition going. :)

im all for it...its a tradition in my family. we all have two middle names. well, except me. I have two first names! that's a bit confusing for people

A lot of people I know have two middle names. A lot also have two surnames, as far as I know none of them find it a chore having several names. My children both have two names. Both middle names get put on forms, registration (doctors, bank accounts etc) and so on.

Both my brother and my sister have two middle names. Well, actually, my brother has three, but the third one is our mother's last name so I wouldn't count it. They never use all their names, but if they wanted to change their first name then they would actually have a choice.

I was born with one middle name but now have two (the second one is my maiden name, which I liked too much to give up completely when I got married). The DMV had a very hard time getting my name right on my drivers license, and because first names and middle names are on one line on the redesign of the CA drivers license, the whole thing wouldn't even fit if any of my names were any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->