Two periods in two weeks - unable to now use chart

Pinky32

Trying to conceive #1
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been trying to use a fertility chart which was going ok as I had a period 24th Oct for 4 days but then sudenly on 9th Nov I started another period which according to the chart I should have been ovulating.

Im now all over the place and dont know how I can chart myself as I dont know how many days to say my cycle is as it was 30 days (using my Sept period).

Why am I having another period with two weeks and how do I chart this?

Please help

Hi Pinky,

I would go to the doctor and tell them that you had two perios so close in time.

Was the second as long as the first one, or shorter?
Do you have PCOS? Has this happened to you before?

It happened to me once and and i went to the doctor. It has never happed again and the doctor couldnt find a reason.

Hi
The second was for the same length of time as the first one - 4 days (which is normal for me).

Im due to see my doctor on monday and will talk to him about it.

I have been under a lot of stress in past few months due to an accident that I had so it could just be stress. I came off the pill for medical reasons a few years ago and it mucked up my periods so it could just be that.

Im just not sure how to use the fertility charts now. Do I use the date of this last period and start all over again. Feel that Ive wasted the last few months charting for nothing

Personally I would use the date of your last period, as that is the start of the cycle.
You could ask your doctor as well to confirm that.

Stress does have an effect on our bodies.

Let us know what the doctor says tomorrow xx

Is it FF you are using? If you fill in the second period it will automatically start a new chart for you, so you can continue on with the charting. FF averages out your stats over a few months so a weird one off cycle isn't that big a disaster, statistically speaking.

Sus is right though, I'd get it checked out.

Yes I use Fertility Friend and have put the new data into it

i'll let you know what the doctor says tomoz

I went to see the doctor and he said not to worry and that it was a combination of coming off the pill after being on it for so long as well as the stress of the accident that I had.

The accident left me with an arm with only 50% use and im in daily pain, so you can imagine the stress that its causing me.

But he said not to worry so im not.

The FF chart has been updated and it said that i should ovulate next week - I have brought some ovulation tests so will start testing at the start of the week unless I have another period instead which is what happened this month.

Glad to hear that the doctor told you not to worry and that it is all OK:thumbup:

So sorry to hear about your accident tough, you must be in a lot of pain sending you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yeah im not going to worry unless it happens again.

Thank you, the accident was serious and ive just been told i need another operation on my arm and an MRI scan on my shoulder, this stress is not helping me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->